Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kolarov did not have a bad game last night but he did make one very costly error. I've watched the game twice and second time round was paying particular attention to him. He wasn't perfect but overall he did OK. This idea that he somehow regressed to a prior naff version is plain wrong. Also, and I've repeated this umpteen times, at some point last season the Fink Tank produced a table of the most consistent(ly good) players over the last few seasons and Kola was the second highest defender on the list; the bad news for Kola was that Clichy was the one defender ahead of him.

There's a reason Pep appreciates him far more than our fan base has and it ain't because Pep doesn't know his football.
Some see what they want to see. He wasn't our worst player last night, but didn't have a great game.

1 poor game under pep, let's see how he bounced back for the next match.
If you forget about his howler for the third goal was he really any worse than all the other defenders. Also thought he finished the game well when switched to full back. The guy is vastly improved on his previous form and should not be judged on the basis of a wet and windy night in Glascow.

If you forget about his howler for the third goal was he really any worse than all the other defenders. Also thought he finished the game well when switched to full back. The guy is vastly improved on his previous form and should not be judged on the basis of a wet and windy night in Glascow.

I agree with your last sentence, his performances to date should be taken into account when judging, they shouldn't be based on just one performance however he did have a bit of a mare against Celtic, his passing was no where near the required standard, there was one stage he hit a couple of up and unders that wouldn't look out of place on a rugby pitch, this only contributed to the sense of panic and encouraged Celtic further.

Ok he misplaced a few long balls, had a few poor efforts and miss kicked a clearance for their third, whilst it was well below his best it wasn't as bad as some headhunters on here are making out. I've watched the match 4 times and I honestly think we played fine apart from the start and spells in the first half. The first goal, clearly offside give them belief, momentum and even more energy and their non stop pressing plus the noise of the crowd certainly got to us. Another fluke goal to the second and Kolorovs error for the third cost us another but we had multiple chances to win the game by 7 or 8. He was no worse than Aguero who was dreadful, loosing the ball continuously and most others didn't have their best game by their high standard. This is football and anything can happen, let's not murder the players, this was never going to be easy, never despite what some people thought

Kolarov reverted to type against Celtic , he has looked excellent in previous games , not sure whether he can keep playing to a high standard for a full season , and with Vinny injured every other game , we need another top class centre back in January.

As I said Thursday morning,normal service resumed,and before "haters gonna hate" comments,which came on Thursday,think about the game of football before you say that,at fault for a goal YET AGAIN

As I said Thursday morning,normal service resumed,and before "haters gonna hate" comments,which came on Thursday,think about the game of football before you say that,at fault for a goal YET AGAIN

Did the exact same last season. Played well for a few games then reverted back to type. Most people said last year we needed new fullbacks.

It will be interesting to see if Aleks, Gael, Pablo and Bacary are here next season. To play the system Pep wants you need agile, quick players. Gael and Bacary are the quickest defenders but not great in the opposition half. Aleks started the season on fire but against teams who press and when he has no time, he gets found out and his two recent mistakes highlight this. It's not coincidental that Tottenham started by targeting our left hand side although I must add, it's collective poor defending, not just down to Aleks.

I'm just thinking back to comments on here about Denayer's debut v Spurs, out of position, for Sundelrand, under Moyes.

Then we see Kolarov at Spurs this season, Kolarov at Spurs last season. And Zabba.

Unfortunately, it's starting to look like Kolarov has done it to us again. I swore I'd never fall for it & think he'd 'turned the corner'. But it's looking like I swallowed it again & I'm in good company because so did Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.