Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy is shocking. If he can't bash it up the line on his left side, he literally has to stand on the ball, turn around and pass it inside with his left side because he is incapable of playing even a five yard pass with his right foot.

Shouldn't be anywhere near a top side.

This is what frustrates me most about him, we talk about players slowing down our attacks, look no further than Kolarov and it's simply because he cannot use his right foot at all.

He has had good performances in a City shirt but they invariably come when the team as a whole are on song, I can't recall a game where we've played poorly but Kolarov played well.

It's all about opinions. personally I think Kolarov has been a good player for us, very good in fact. To say he has only played well half a dozen times in five years is baffling in my opinion. He was being praised for playing really well until recently. In fact ,the game he got injured and had to go off after half time he was having another excellent game. As for Sterling, well we will see, but in my opinion his £49m price tag is probably at least twice what I believe he is worth at best. He did absolutely nothing ( again ) on Saturday and on Tuesday at Sunderland his inability to even control a football led to untold problems in our defence., which we just about managed to hold out for the three points. I hope Sterling goes on to be a world beater, but personally I have my doubts and it will be interesting to see what Pep makes of him. Please do not defend him because of his age. He is not 'young'. He has been playing in the premier league for a good few years and surely we can expect a bit more than what we are getting from him, particularly given the fee that has been paid. Can you let me know the last game he played in which he had a real impact and actually won the game for us ? BMG springs to mind but that was three months ago. I can't think of anything since ! Yes, Kolarov was poor on Saturday, but the real problems lay elsewhere, in central defence, midfield and a powder puff attack saved only by Aguero, as usual.

You are right, it's all about opinions and I do respect yours. However, the £18m we paid for Kolarov would be close to double that in the window that we bought Sterling and De Bryune. It was an awful lot to pay for a fullback even for a team needing to overpay just to get deals done. I cannot agree that he has been very good for us at all. For long periods he wasn't even first choice. His stats are quite damning in all aspects of his game. There have been a few posts on this thread detailing those so I will not go into them again. At the end of the day I just want a fullback to scare the bejeezers out of an opponent, and despite his outwardly hard man image, this never seems to happen. I also want a fullback to stop crosses coming in, which he never does as he prefers to back peddle first which creates more pressure on an already wobbling defence. We saw on Saturday - by contrast - the two Leicester fullbacks stop crosses time after time. The only time Alex managed to get one past the first man it was overhit so much you'd need Usain Bolt playing to get anywhere near it. To be fair, there has been a lack of a viable alternative for a while, especially given the Clichy is oft injured or out of form. I find this puzzling given the number of players purchased. Believe it or not I was hoping he would turn out to be a top signing and become the best left back for many a year but he has majorly underachieved.

Yes as you state we do have other problems, but the way Manuel wants his team to play both fullbacks are key as they often have more touches than any other player. Central defence has been an issue largely due to long term injuries to our captain. Midfield is too reliant on Yaya and we know how that has gone these last few months, plus a major loss was De Bryune who adds a lot more than people realise. I believe Sterling will come good, and I really think having a good tactical coach will make a massive difference to him. If he doesn't put the work in to improve though I do know that Pep will jettison him quite quickly. It's all about buying into a managers philosophy - much like Leicester do at the moment - who'd have thought that Danny Simpson, Drinkwater and Huth would suddenly look so good? I am confident that things can change really quickly and to an extent sometimes a bad run can be a blessing. I think we have had a squad that has been too comfortable for too long and a real change is overdue - Listening to Henry's comments on Pep, his style and attitude to the players gets me very excited for next year. I think Kolarov will be playing in Italy next August!

Harsh?! Wtf

Yes, that was his first game back for a while.

We've seen in the past countless times how Clichy and Kolarov have been poor when they've been in and out. Clichy was slowly improving recently having looked really poor in his first few apps

He gets a lot of stick, in fact the bloke who sits next to me hates him!

I don't know why people get so wound up with him? He's a decent enough player, he's no world beater, just decent. His performances since he has been here have been consistent. Decent enough

If you accept that he is only 'OK' then your view of his performence will probably change dramatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.