Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gets a lot of stick, in fact the bloke who sits next to me hates him!

I don't know why people get so wound up with him? He's a decent enough player, he's no world beater, just decent. His performances since he has been here have been consistent. Decent enough

If you accept that he is only 'OK' then your view of his performence will probably change dramatically
Because he's utter wank? Slows down every attack, having to shift his entire body with a massive step backwards so he can mishit a simple pass, smash the ball into row Z or bludgeon the first defender's shins.

MOTD nuetral viewers will love him when they show the one cross or free kick that he hits well but they don't see the other half a dozen to dozen crosses and shots that a pub league player would be ashamed of.

Posters are putting up more of a defence for him on here than he does on the pitch.

Because he's utter wank? Slows down every attack, having to shift his entire body with a massive step backwards so he can mishit a simple pass, smash the ball into row Z or bludgeon the first defender's shins.

MOTD nuetral viewers will love him when they show the one cross or free kick that he hits well but they don't see the other half a dozen to dozen crosses and shots that a pub league player would be ashamed of.

Posters are putting up more of a defence for him on here than he does on the pitch.

That's my point, he is shit/average so I don't know what people expect

That's my point, he is shit/average so I don't know what people expect
You asked why they get wound up.

Yes he's shit and his performance against Leicester was standard for him but no matter how often I see him perform as such it's still gonna wind me up to see him fuck everything up.

Look at that cross again that he fired in against Leicester..a very dangerous cross..somebody should have been on the end of it...but they were too far in front of it.

Defensive midfield..none existent..no shape to it whatsoever.this poor guy is City through and through..the whipping boy..very unfair and for a good fullback who's won lots of trophies from the start. Sure he's not perfect but wouldn't swap him for anyone else. I'm blue and proud of it..I've never slated anyone in a blue shirt at the match ever.always got behind them. I've seen bad players over the years and I mean bad...this guy isn't one of them by a long stretch.

What I particularly like about him, is the way he takes that extra touch, allowing all the oppo defenders to cover all the angles, then telegraphs where he is about to hoof the ball, then either clogs it into the defender's leg or punts it at that fat bloke on row z.

I also admire the way he manages to suddenly sneak in a couple of 'ok' performances, thus lulling us all into a false sense of security, before treating us to his full repertoire of hilarious Danny Baker video style, footbaling tomfoolery.

'i hold my hands up' we say. 'Kolarov has really surprised me'. Then, without warning, out comes the swanee whistle & kazoo & he's off again.

It doesn't help him that we play with no holding midfield players and we don't stick anybody in the box when we attack!
Exactly, there was far less of a problem when Barry or De Jong were sitting and covering for the attacking full backs. Fernando is our only real holding midfielder (and not that good at it) - Yaya, Dinho and Delph are all natural box to box players who often drift forward and leave a big gap behind the full backs. Yes, Kolarov had a poor game on Saturday but then not many in a City shirt were anything other than poor, though one or two were downright abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.