Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kolarov has definitely gone down in my estimations this season. He has had a few good runs (and some bad ones obviously) in the team where he's on form and offers a threat. I always liked that he offers us something different. To be honest I don't think Clichy is much better. He's a better defender but not a great one and frequently backs out of 50/50 challenges. But on the whole he does defend better than Kolarov. He doesn't offer as much going forward as Kolarov does though.

Well, Kolarov used to offer something. But I'm convinced he's been told he's off and he doesn't want to put the effort in anymore. It's completely unprofessional and he should consider himself lucky if any top level teams come in for him, as he hasn't shown the commitment to earn a contract elsewhere. He's lucky to be a pro footballer based on his attitude of late. He was at fault for at least 3 of Southampton's goals at the weekend and they could all have been avoided with a bit of desire and bravery but Kolarov offered nothing.

Disappointing but he shouldn't play for us again, and if he does, then even more questions should be asked of Pellegrini as to why he persists with handicapping the team by playing disinterested players. Why anybody would question this summer's change in manager is beyond me, if indeed there are still doubts over Guardiola coming in. There are certainly no doubts from me.

I reckon you could of got away with saying that 3 years ago, not now though. He needs to go.
From what I'm led to believe he wanted to return to Italy two years ago as he felt he was not getting enough playing time. He was keen to go, that was until we refused to give him a golden handshake to make up for any loss of earnings. As we had issues with FFP at that time the decision was no and he would stay. So added to the fact he clearly couldn't give a shit when on the pitch, I detest him even more for holding us to ransom in a way. And, yes I know it's a business and he has a signed contract but at age 28 you'd think he'd want to play more - I guess he gets in the national team because they don't have many options so he probably thought it wouldn't harm him to be a fringe player. The injury to Clichy changed things and he had a long run in the team- We had a great first 5 games this year but the reality is it didn't take long for his deficiencies to once again start to cost the team. Now at age 30+ I count the days until he's gone because he has started to have an influence on his fellow defenders. BTW I think Clichy is underrated by a lot of posters because of a few bad games. Yes he's not a world beater, but has been solid, has pace and in tandem with a younger player would be my choice for next year.

He's just another Yaya.

All the talent in the world but can't be arsed using it unless he's going to get a little bit of personal glory. We need team players, players who will sacrifice themselves for the good of the collective and until we do that we'll never fulfil our potential as a team.

All players are allowed bad or even absolute shit games but such a lack of effort is inexcusable. The sooner he fucks off the better. If Clichy needs a rest then we have Angelino desperate for a chance to try and prove himself. Like I've always said pick players on merit and not reputation/big names.

He's just another Yaya.

All the talent in the world but can't be arsed using it unless he's going to get a little bit of personal glory. We need team players, players who will sacrifice themselves for the good of the collective and until we do that we'll never fulfil our potential as a team.

All players are allowed bad or even absolute shit games but such a lack of effort is inexcusable. The sooner he fucks off the better. If Clichy needs a rest then we have Angelino desperate for a chance to try and prove himself. Like I've always said pick players on merit and not reputation/big names.
Another Yaya?? all the talent in the world??

Don't make me laugh.....Yaya is genuinely world class when on form,Kolarov is,at his very infrequent best,useful......Their ability and contribution cant be seriously compared - i'm fucking gobsmacked at the suggestion.

Actually despise him. First City player I have ever truly disliked. Only plays for himself and miraculously managed to out-shite himself on Sunday. He took his shitness to a hole new level with every passing minute.

Totally agree. His jogging back for the second goal has been burned into my conscious. Thinking about it makes me angry. He should never, ever play again for us. If Clichy is injured, Angelino should get a go, or another of the EDS kids, someone who wants to play, with burning desire and a point to prove, not someone happy to sit on his laurels, and count his money.

He's just another Yaya.

let it go ,this is a thread about kolarov but you have a massive problem with a player who has done more for this club than thousands of players and staff who have passed through the doors ,its sad as fuck , you seen the alternative at southampton, scary or what

Totally agree. His jogging back for the second goal has been burned into my conscious. Thinking about it makes me angry. He should never, ever play again for us. If Clichy is injured, Angelino should get a go, or another of the EDS kids, someone who wants to play, with burning desire and a point to prove, not someone happy to sit on his laurels, and count his money.

I agree it was shit defending but why didn't Joe kick the ball away? It was a bit like West Ham's second at the Boleyn Ground when Joe let te ball travel a long way to the edge of the six yard box before the Hammers scored!

From what I'm led to believe he wanted to return to Italy two years ago as he felt he was not getting enough playing time. He was keen to go, that was until we refused to give him a golden handshake to make up for any loss of earnings. As we had issues with FFP at that time the decision was no and he would stay. So added to the fact he clearly couldn't give a shit when on the pitch, I detest him even more for holding us to ransom in a way. And, yes I know it's a business and he has a signed contract but at age 28 you'd think he'd want to play more - I guess he gets in the national team because they don't have many options so he probably thought it wouldn't harm him to be a fringe player. The injury to Clichy changed things and he had a long run in the team- We had a great first 5 games this year but the reality is it didn't take long for his deficiencies to once again start to cost the team. Now at age 30+ I count the days until he's gone because he has started to have an influence on his fellow defenders. BTW I think Clichy is underrated by a lot of posters because of a few bad games. Yes he's not a world beater, but has been solid, has pace and in tandem with a younger player would be my choice for next year.

When did Kolarov tell you about his transfer dealings or are you bullshitting? Are you Aleks' agent?

I think his days here are numbered. However, what I don't get is the OTT hatred he receives. It may be just me, but I can't really have any overwhelming bad feelings towards any of our lads from the 2011/2012 season. I guess I have a soft spot of sorts for anyone involved in that year but I have a sense of gratitude towards anyone that helped bring us the league trophy in the most dramatic of fashions. Leicester are currently enjoying their moment but that season will always be our moment and I can't hate anyone involved in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.