Alex Grimaldo

City have intensified contacts with Benfica about a deal for left-back Álex Grimaldo (21), who would cost €35m. [Correio da Manhã]

yes,good player.

City have intensified contacts with Benfica about a deal for left-back Álex Grimaldo (21), who would cost €35m. [Correio da Manhã]

yes,good player.

Absolutely, he's a perfect Pep LB and would be ideal for us. Has been my pick in the position, along with Juan Bernat, for ages.

Bit sceptical about this report given our prioritising Mendy and Bertrand, but would make a great fallback option ;)

Anyone think we just trying to put pressure on Monaco-Mendy talks?

City Watch‏ @City_Watch 25m25 minutes ago

City Watch‏ @City_Watch 21m21 minutes ago
Grimaldo has a €60m release clause but could be sold for around €35m. Barcelona have also shown interest in signing him. [Correio da Manhã]

Anyone think we just trying to put pressure on Monaco-Mendy talks?

City Watch‏ @City_Watch 25m25 minutes ago

City Watch‏ @City_Watch 21m21 minutes ago
Grimaldo has a €60m release clause but could be sold for around €35m. Barcelona have also shown interest in signing him. [Correio da Manhã]
IMO it's yes and no. They're trying to pressure Monaco to hurry the fuck up BUT if the deal finally can't go through I really believe City will go for Grimaldo. But if they can Mendy I think Mendy will be the one.

Slightly off topic but i thought Bertrand looked the far more accomplished full back vs Walker in the Scotland game, very good on the ball and better positioning to

Slightly off topic but i thought Bertrand looked the far more accomplished full back vs Walker in the Scotland game, very good on the ball and better positioning to

Can't disagree with that. Walker looked like, well Walker.

And on the strength of today's U20 final which used video replays, Walker was very lucky not to concede a pen.

IMO it's yes and no. They're trying to pressure Monaco to hurry the fuck up BUT if the deal finally can't go through I really believe City will go for Grimaldo. But if they can Mendy I think Mendy will be the one.

Cheers mate....my only concern with Grimaldo is that he's only 5ft 6 and doesnt look strong or good in the air! Can see him getting beat alot at the back post. Ideally, Mendy would be the better option..taller, stronger, more powerful and just as quick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.