Alex Sandro

Disappointing but if we get Mendy and Bertrand for near enough the same price then you can't complain really.

You did not include the defensive aspects of their game and this is where I believe Sandro trumps Mendy big time. Sandro is very very solid defensively and also does very well going forward.
I think they are both average defensively. Actually quite similar in that they are both aggressive defenders who take poor positional angles sometimes and often expend their energies offensively.

Some of that is simply due to being very attack minded. I won't put either in the class of Alaba, Luis or Azpilicueta defensively.

Fortunately for Sandro, he won't have to be coz he'll be playing as a wingback. Mendy on the other hand would have to learn quickly or get usurped by Bertrand.

I think they are both average defensively. Actually quite similar in that they are both aggressive defenders who take poor positional angles sometimes and often expend their energies offensively.

Some of that is simply due to being very attack minded. I won't put either in the class of Alaba, Luis or Azpilicueta defensively.

Fortunately for Sandro, he won't have to be coz he'll be playing as a wingback. Mendy on the other hand would have to learn quickly or get usurped by Bertrand.
I guess we may have to wait and see because I see him as very hard to go past. Just like with every full back he gets caught out on occassion but he's one of the closest to a complete full back you'll ever get. Many are either beasts going forward or rocks at the back but this guy has got a very good blend of the two abilities.

Liverpool I think.
Feared you'd say that. He'd be a big upgrade for them. Don't get me wrong, I really like James Milner. I love his no fuss, just get on with the job, type of game. I think he's a lot more effective than he is often given credit for, but he's not a left back of title winning calibre.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.