Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate I will be in the minority but £75M would be absurd for a player of his age in the last year of his contract

Arsenal knows how much Pep wants him and the feeling seems mutual hence Wenger's hardball stance in the media. I think plenty if not most PL fees are totally absurd nowadays

You talk as if we're the only club that might look to keep a player looking to leave. Liverpool kept Suarez and Xabi Alonso, Dortmund kept Lewandowski, Southampton kept Schneiderlin, Leicester kept Mahrez, Man Utd kept Ronaldo & De Gea. All examples off the top of my head, and all got the head down once the season started. I remember Tevez being homesick on an annual basis and Yaya pining for Birthday Cakes as well.
How many of them you mention only had 1 year left on their contract ?

I agree... why pay £75m for a 29 year old when we could pay £100m for a 19 year old in Mbappé & im not having it he'd cost £150m before anyone starts, as he's not proven enough to demand that fee & Monaco know it. They can ask for £150m all they like but they'll not get close to that for him.

Sure Monaco turned down that sort of bid already if reports correct

You talk as if we're the only club that might look to keep a player looking to leave. Liverpool kept Suarez and Xabi Alonso, Dortmund kept Lewandowski, Southampton kept Schneiderlin, Leicester kept Mahrez, Man Utd kept Ronaldo & De Gea. All examples off the top of my head, and all got the head down once the season started. I remember Tevez being homesick on an annual basis and Yaya pining for Birthday Cakes as well.
All those players had long term contracts (not one that runs out after this season). Most were sold the following year, as for Mahrez and De Gea I can see them gone by the end of this transfer window.

Can't see any way in which we'd pay £60m+ for a player in the last year of his contract. No matter how good, if Sanchez starts to kick up a fuss, then Arsenal will eventually fold, there's no way they'll let an asset like him walk for free.

Sure Monaco turned down that sort of bid already if reports correct

Have they or is that media speculation? I thought they'd said nobody has made an offer or asked about him which is why they've threatened to report several clubs to FIFA if they persist.

The way I see it I think Wenger already knows what Sanchez is going to do so needs to get a replacement in first. After they sell him they know they will get hammered on fees with selling clubs knowing that they are desperate to replace him. If this doesn't happen in the next two weeks I don't think it will happen at all. After the beating they took off Bayern and his body language I can't see him wanting to stay there. He was running himself into the ground while others were just jogging round the pitch. If they force him to stay they will shoot themselves in the foot and the fans will be going ape shit asking why they didn't sell him. Sanchez has all the power here and its whether he decides to jump ship or commit to the club for the season then walk.

Can't see any way in which we'd pay £60m+ for a player in the last year of his contract. No matter how good, if Sanchez starts to kick up a fuss, then Arsenal will eventually fold, there's no way they'll let an asset like him walk for free.
Well if he had years left and someone just paid 100 fuckin million for Lukaku,so he would be worth a hefty fuckin amount !

Well if he had years left and someone just paid 100 fuckin million for Lukaku,so he would be worth a hefty fuckin amount !

Yes, but it's a year left on his contract. He's not going to command £70m. The closer and closer we get to the end of the summer, the more likely Arsenal will fold. Theyall have too. They won't make top four again, and they've got to sell regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.