Amadou Diawara

He'd likely be a Fernando replacement

Pep will prefer a deeplying playmaker most of the time back there but this is the PL and I think we need a Fernando in the squad, even if it's just for 10-20 games a season/off the bench.

The problem I see for Fernando, despite him doing better, next season is that he's not very quickminded/footed on the ball and he's is just very immobile in general. Once he gets into his stride he's not that slow but it's the quick changes of direction that cost him. He can be passed around quite often.

We don't really have a Fernando type in the EDS as far as I'm aware, A. Garcia is an Alonso-type. Kean Bryan probably the closest but to me he looks more a ballplaying CB from what I've seen.

Jack Byrne, who I think has a decent shot at being involved in the squad next year looks more like an allround possession-based CM player to me. Perhaps a good Gundogan understudy

They're both talented, young midfielders who play different positions so aren't totally redundant.
We have the money and we should spend it on as much young, rated talent that we can get our hands on.

Looks a very tidy young player in fairness? Quick, can tackle and looks good on the ball in a decent league!

They're both talented, young midfielders who play different positions so aren't totally redundant.
We have the money and we should spend it on as much young, rated talent that we can get our hands on.
I see.

Completely wrong attitude, just look at Chelsea and how many players they have out on loan and how many get the chance to play at first team level. Losing De Bruyne, Lukaku, Matic and probably quite a few more who will comeback to bite them on the arse.

Completely wrong attitude, just look at Chelsea and how many players they have out on loan and how many get the chance to play at first team level. Losing De Bruyne, Lukaku, Matic and probably quite a few more who will comeback to bite them on the arse.
We're not Chelsea though. Chelsea's biggest issue was Mourinho's stubbornness. We can learn from Chelsea's mistakes and better our own program. The more quality you add to the youth ranks, the better because it raises competition amongst the teenagers and fuels them to improve and work harder. All this is if you have a manager willing to give youth a chance. City's goal is to have a half the club homegrown in the not so distant future if that's the case they will need youth players that can become first team quality.
I think we should buy these players send them on loan and let them develop. You have a buy back option so if the player develops really well (see Real Madric with Morata), you have an option to buy a near world class player at a reasonable cost. If not, you cut your losses and move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.