Angelino

Loaning him out with a 25m buy clause only for him to become one of their star players and then, instead of selling at that price, agreeing to loan him out again with a reduced 20m purchase clause is terrible business no matter how way you swing it.

As I said in this thread earlier, if it was a reduced 20m fee this summer I could just about understand it, but letting him go on another loan with a reduced clause is baffling.
If it’s a clause where they have to buy him it’s fine
That’s like negredo was
Not the same as a clause where they can buy him for a set fee, it says an obligation to buy
It’s just fancy accounting
We don’t need that money for Messi till next summer now!

Seems teams add on a city tax when we are trying to purchase players,while when we attempt to sell players teams are desperate to get some of our players but only on loan then stall on wanting to buy said player after the loan and for a knockdown price at times ..

If it’s a clause where they have to buy him it’s fine
That’s like negredo was
Not the same as a clause where they can buy him for a set fee, it says an obligation to buy
It’s just fancy accounting
We don’t need that money for Messi till next summer now!

The obligation to buy is irrelevant to my point.

My argument was that we have completely bent over for them by reducing the fee when he's gone out and become one of their best players.

Another loan and obligation to buy at the same original price of 30m Euros would have been an acceptable compromise given the current state of the world and Leipzig's alleged finance worries.

Allowing him to go back on another loan whilst cutting the buy out fee by 10m is just terrible from City's perspective.

I quite like him but his face doesn’t fit. Our track record with some of these young hopefuls is poor. We should let him go to a club that appreciates him, not make him stay as 5th backup to third reserve.

It’s the usual, shit for us but when not playing we suddenly think he’s excellent
He is ok but not remotely good enough for us
I'm not saying he's the best leftback in the world but he was literally just named in the Champion's League team of the season. PSG were interested last summer as well. It's not like we're making this up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.