Anthony Taylor appointed ref for Chelsea

There can be no other reason for a ref not to apply the Laws of the Game where there is clearly no interpretation needed. To ignore player blatantly pushing another to the ground is violent play. Violent play is a red card simple as that! Unless Tit Taylor has the whistle then it can be a bowl of rhubarb and custard.
I don't give a shit about that decision, that's well down on the list.

I'm furious at the David Luiz professional foul, the Gündoğan penalty, the Navas penalty, the constant stopping of play for non-head injuries of Chelsea players and numerous other shite decisions before that one

And yet we had/have fans who say it was either incompetence or it didn't affect the result.
There is absolutely no doubt that Taylor's poor refereeing affected the game yesterday, big time. That said, there were other factors such as our poor finishing. However I genuinely believe that there were no circumstances where we would have won the game yesterday Taylor would have seen to that.

It doesn't really matter whether Taylor cost us the game or not. We are entitled to fair, impartial and objective refereeing just as any and every team is. Taylor's performance was so lamentably short of the standards everyone has a right to expect that it beggared belief. That display was yet another indictment of the FA, the body that is ruining English football, most obviously through its handling of everything to do with the national team, but, in fact, through everything it touches. We see exceptionally poor refereeing every week. It is the norm, though yesterday did plumb the depths. Football is a sport that is both a national obsession and big business. Yet it's standards of control are pathetic. Taylor states that he is an Altrincham fan - the world and his dog know he is a United fan - and the FA accepts this without any kind of verification. He can referee rag games - so he stiffs Liverpool to do the lads a good turn- and City matches. He gives a display consistent with what would be expected of a red fanatic, but the FA is accountable to no-one and City are dismissed as bad losers. But fans of all clubs have genuine grievances over refereeing every week (apart from a few clubs we can all name). Just to add a few of our more spectacular cases from our past-takeover past: Adebayor given a ban retrospectively by an FA panel of Arsenal and United officials for incitement of Arsenal fans after the FA had found Henry had "no case to answer" for doing exactly the same thing. Sergio given a ban retrospectively for elbowing Reid of West Ham because the elbowing was "brutal" even though it made no contact: for drawing blood Ibrahimovic (of?) had no case to answer. It appears that the carefully selected pundits off Sky decide who should be cited and the FA lacks the guts to stand up for the basic underlying principles of competitive sport, or resist the company that pours so much into the TV deal. And there is no accountability, no right of appeal. Claims that referees are told what they must see and must not see are swept under the carpet. Otherwise the unworthy captain of England may end up getting sent off.

Dion Dublin, again on the FA Cup has just said Rojo has lunged in with an awful two footed tackle. And to his incredulity no card was given, he can't believe it.

Not possible - Aguero's foul yesterday was the worst in the history of mankind. I know cos I read it in the media.

Dion Dublin, again on the FA Cup has just said Rojo has lunged in with an awful two footed tackle. And to his incredulity no card was given, he can't believe it.

Not sure why he cant believe it.

If you want the big games, you make sure you follow orders to the letter and dont go about upsetting the apple cart.

Taylor yesterday and Oliver today have played an absolute blinder.

It doesn't really matter whether Taylor cost us the game or not. We are entitled to fair, impartial and objective refereeing just as any and every team is. Taylor's performance was so lamentably short of the standards everyone has a right to expect that it beggared belief. That display was yet another indictment of the FA, the body that is ruining English football, most obviously through its handling of everything to do with the national team, but, in fact, through everything it touches. We see exceptionally poor refereeing every week. It is the norm, though yesterday did plumb the depths. Football is a sport that is both a national obsession and big business. Yet it's standards of control are pathetic. Taylor states that he is an Altrincham fan - the world and his dog know he is a United fan - and the FA accepts this without any kind of verification. He can referee rag games - so he stiffs Liverpool to do the lads a good turn- and City matches. He gives a display consistent with what would be expected of a red fanatic, but the FA is accountable to no-one and City are dismissed as bad losers. But fans of all clubs have genuine grievances over refereeing every week (apart from a few clubs we can all name). Just to add a few of our more spectacular cases from our past-takeover past: Adebayor given a ban retrospectively by an FA panel of Arsenal and United officials for incitement of Arsenal fans after the FA had found Henry had "no case to answer" for doing exactly the same thing. Sergio given a ban retrospectively for elbowing Reid of West Ham because the elbowing was "brutal" even though it made no contact: for drawing blood Ibrahimovic (of?) had no case to answer. It appears that the carefully selected pundits off Sky decide who should be cited and the FA lacks the guts to stand up for the basic underlying principles of competitive sport, or resist the company that pours so much into the TV deal. And there is no accountability, no right of appeal. Claims that referees are told what they must see and must not see are swept under the carpet. Otherwise the unworthy captain of England may end up getting sent off.

Spot-on. Had a close look at Chelsea's first goal on slow motion today and, as I initially suspected from my East Stand view, Costa clearly handles the ball to control it. No mention from pundits. I always thought the Adebayor one was amazing because no one in the media commented on the relentless racial abuse he got from the Arsenal fans before the incident. It was a disgrace.

Now having calmed down I have been able to play back the incidents in slow motion, unlike SKY.
The Gondogan foul is as clear a penalty as you can get. Navas was also one whatever Neville claims. The foul on Sergio by Louis was a red card and two Chelsea players should have been sent off in the mayhem at the end as well as our two. Ferdy was offside for the header. Taylor must never be allowed to referee us again.
Can you put the clips on here? I have seen the Gungodan one and it very similar to the challenge Rojo made on Yaya the other year which was also not given when it should have been. Also convinced their first gosl included a hand ball by Costa. Part chest and part arm. Would like to see the Cahill hand ball and the Navas trip. Hopefully the club will ask the FA why the Chelsea players only received yellow cards when the law is very clear

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.