Any boiler engineers on here?

Is it a worcester? Had a new one fitted past April already had to replace the pump was covered in warranty and they have redesigned it to fix the issue.

Evening all,
Switched the heating on earlier via the wireless thermostat and had nothing out the radiators so checked the boiler itself and its got an error message.

Boiler is an ATAG IC28.

Error 119 which according to the manual is, Link on X2 position 4 and 5 missing

Having a look online ive found a manual which says;

Anyone able to give me any help or advice, going to try and call some boiler engineers tomorrow also. At the minute ive got no hot water or heating so its really not ideal especially with the weather.

Cheers
Have you given it the ubiquitous wallop yet ?

Cheers mate, I had never even looked at boiler cover before. Seems a lot of them have an exclusion period where you have to wait for 30 days before you can claim, is british gas different?
Yes, they fix first, cover after.
That's what makes it a great deal.

If there is still an issue find an ATAG installer https://www.atagheating.co.uk/homeowner/find-an-installer rather than any gas safe engineer or call their customer services who might be able to help - 0800 254 5062
I spoke with them and they said its under warranty but I have to have proof its been serviced and with their manual having been stamped, bit like an old style MOT I gathered. Unfortunately this property was a rental before me and I was never given anything. I am chasing down the old letting agents to see if they have it.

Yes, they fix first, cover after.
That's what makes it a great deal.
Next available appointment is 15th, I dont think I can wait that long sadly!

Phone Atag will be under warranty
It is but I need proof its been serviced.

Sorry mate what do you mean by this?

When I turn the thermostat into "manual" and set a temp I can hear the boiler try to start up and it whirs for a bit then just does nothing. If I put the hot water tap on, same thing.
Sorry mate what do you mean by this?

When I turn the thermostat into "manual" and set a temp I can hear the boiler try to start up and it whirs for a bit then just does nothing. If I put the hot water tap on, same thing.
If I knew how to attach a photo I’d send it to you what I mean but don’t know how to!!

My valve is attached to the cylinder whereas the one at mum & dads is above the boiler. It’s a square white box with a little lever which switches up n down automatically dependant upon whether you’re heating is on or off. I had to do ours manually as they had stuck in the off position. You may have a little resistance if you do indeed try this but nothing major. You’ll need a new one in time though so my plumber tells me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.