Any past or present City player everybody seems to rate but you don't

Jack Grealish.
Thought he was the Emporer's New Clothes when at Villa and not seen much to change my mind yet.
Not saying he isn't a good player.... just haven't seen anything to justify the hype.

Very happy for him to prove me wrong.
Are you happy now? :D

Barry Conlon, the adulation at Maine Road was uncalled for , i saw a fairly average lower league player yet the crowd showered him with cries of Barry, Barry, Barry . To make it worse when Gareth Barry played in later years not one decent song or a fraction of adulation. Regards Victor Meldrew.

It should just be a simple case of individual posters not rating a player as highly as others do.
Not sure why anybody is getting stressed about it tbh.
If this subject causes some disharmony then I’d question why?
Of course when the names of our legends are getting thrown in it rankles a bit but anybody calling out the likes of Kompany and Aguero are often just looking for attention and should be treated as such.

To be fair Kompany’s form purely from a defensive perspective nosedived after Mancini left, to a point where Demichelis became our most reliable defender for about 18 months til his legs went. He never looked like he belonged at Champions League level either.

He primarily made a name for himself ragdolling Rooney in the derbies and a few iconic goals, but he his peak here came as part of a system that also made Lescott look like a top 4 defender. Dias and Stones last year reached levels I’ve never seen from City central defenders, as reflected in the fact they were probably the catalysts for us reaching our first CL final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.