Anyone ordered a new car recently ?

Apologies...genuine reason for asking.
O.k mate.
Wife ordered a a Subaru in June of 22. At the time we thought we were ordering a 2022 model.
Turns out that we were ordering a 2023 model and it was a grand extra.
No problem. Six months delivery. Decided afterwards that we wanted to upgrade to the 2.5L version.
No problem. 10 months delivery. Meaning the 2023 Subaru should be arriving April 2023.
Gets an email last week saying that the car was being delivered in May but the 2023's are all sold out and we would be getting a 2024.
It has been redesigned (looks completely different, the colour that she chose is no longer available and it's an extra $2,500.00.
It's only an extra month but wtf on the rest of it?

I tried to get a 4x4 chevy van last September. Drove three hours north to Bozeman Montana as they had one in stock, they'd sold it by the time I got there. Ok, I'll order one says I, oh how they laughed

Were you forewarned ? Did they keep you in the loop as to its progress ?
Initially when I ordered the car back in September they gave me an ETA of March.

They didn't proactively tell me about the delay though, I've had to call up.

I'm not too miffed to be honest. In the addition to shortages of certain parts, sailing times, port congestion and equipment shortages haven't fully recovered from the Covid era. It's only a newer version of the model I currently have as well. If I had no car and was waiting for this then I'd be a bit perturbed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.