Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

They did, and more people sang in 110/111 than currently sing in the South Stand.

It’s all very odd at our ground. I just don’t get it.

I think it changed when SS3 was opened as people relocated for cheap ST so these hard core areas were broken up a bit. SS3 has its moments but it's not great and to be honest despite the cheap tickets up there, I don't think that has made any difference to the atmosphere and it certainly doesn't help the early leavers etc. A lot of people up in SS3 spend more time in the bar than watching the game

Huge amount of hypocrisy on this thread in my view. Clearly people seem to divide City fans into 'real fans' and 'people who pay money to buy a ticket, buy a jersey, travel to the ground, cheer for the team......but they are not real fans'. Especially, people not from Manchester. So ye are happy to have all the perks of a global club, foreign owner, great stadium, best players in the world, best manager. But you also want Umbro making the kits, not Nike. You want tickets the same price as Burnley. And you dont want any 'tourists' at the stadium. I brought my son over to watch a match at the stadium earlier this year. I'd have to say the club is magnificent. Great stadium. The pre-match stuff at the City Football Academy, for free, fully paid for by the Club, was absolutely top class. You wouldnt get better anywhere else. The fans..... less so. We were tourists, not real fans. I didnt like that, I dont like that. I watched the Manchester derby in a pub in Dublin, suburban pub that does Sunday lunches, people go to watch a game. There were more adults wearing ManU jerseys. There were more kids wearing Man City jerseys. Its a global club, get used to it.

i thought this was a great post....someone like me who travels across the atlantic is considered not a real fan because I was born and grew up in the US.

I wonder if most people consider this to not be a real fan?

i thought this was a great post....someone like me who travels across the atlantic is considered not a real fan because I was born and grew up in the US.

As far as I’m concerned, & I’ve supported City for over 60 yrs, anyone who buys a ticket for City, shouts & cheers along with the rest of us is a City fan. Not a tourist a fan, you’ve taken the time to come & watch & shout & cheer on my (our) beloved team, you’re a fan mate. Plus even if people can’t get to matches but watch us on TV, cheer at the screen you’re a fan!!

As far as I’m concerned, & I’ve supported City for over 60 yrs, anyone who buys a ticket for City, shouts & cheers along with the rest of us is a City fan. Not a tourist a fan, you’ve taken the time to come & watch & shout & cheer on my (our) beloved team, you’re a fan mate. Plus even if people can’t get to matches but watch us on TV, cheer at the screen you’re a fan!!

well thank you! its not easy waking up on a sunday or saturday morning at 7 am to watch games halfway across the world when youve been drinking the night before. hell its even harder watching weekday games sitting in an office! i often have to be on high alert my boss doesnt walk over and see the game on my screen haha

it is one of my goals to get over to one game a year, as a 27 year old with a wedding coming up it isnt completely possible yet!

The more the merrier.

If somebody tells me they are a Blue, I accept the as a City fan. There is one exception to the rule. My old boss claimed to be a Blue and when I offered him a Cup Final ticket he said he was too busy playing golf. We never saw eye to eye again.

The more the merrier.

If somebody tells me they are a Blue, I accept the as a City fan. There is one exception to the rule. My old boss claimed to be a Blue and when I offered him a Cup Final ticket he said he was too busy playing golf. We never saw eye to eye again.

i really wish this forum would allow for people to like posts! youd get one haha

Top post :)

Huge amount of hypocrisy on this thread in my view. Clearly people seem to divide City fans into 'real fans' and 'people who pay money to buy a ticket, buy a jersey, travel to the ground, cheer for the team......but they are not real fans'. Especially, people not from Manchester. So ye are happy to have all the perks of a global club, foreign owner, great stadium, best players in the world, best manager. But you also want Umbro making the kits, not Nike. You want tickets the same price as Burnley. And you dont want any 'tourists' at the stadium. I brought my son over to watch a match at the stadium earlier this year. I'd have to say the club is magnificent. Great stadium. The pre-match stuff at the City Football Academy, for free, fully paid for by the Club, was absolutely top class. You wouldnt get better anywhere else. The fans..... less so. We were tourists, not real fans. I didnt like that, I dont like that. I watched the Manchester derby in a pub in Dublin, suburban pub that does Sunday lunches, people go to watch a game. There were more adults wearing ManU jerseys. There were more kids wearing Man City jerseys. Its a global club, get used to it.
There will always be those individuals who take great pleasure in milking the fact that they were there before the money came in and constantly commenting on youtube vids "I bet you're not even from Manchester, I'm from Manchester don't you know" basically using it as an excuse to shit on any new fans to big themselves up... I think the term for them is "miserable arseholes" or something like that. I like seeing pieces on overseas fanclubs personally, the idea that at some bar in Newyork, in the early ours of the morning it's filling up with City supporters to watch a match together live just makes me think about how far the club has come.

Take no notice of it, if someone is using something as simple as when they started following a football club to make themselves feel like royalty you can only pity them because it's just sad. That weird false sense of achievement like City's success is down to them it's bizarre really, it's like those of us who backed Pep from day one even through the rough patches last season turning around taking credit for where the team is now, we're all just fans at the end of the day the people who really deserve credit are at the club but even those get shat on sometimes by the deluded billy big bollocks fans who always find a way to make everything about them. :)

Last edited:
It was more fun ten years ago, quite happy to go back to then. It is not all about "picking the team that wins" and putting yourself out to watch a game on the telly (pretty sure that is a wind up though).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.