Are we witnessing the break up of the old guard ?

We made the mistake of allowing them all to grow old together. Most of the great sides in the past seemed to have a player from the reserves ready to come in, or buy a player and slowly assimilate them with how they wanted them to play. The regular first teamer would then move on, his replacement step in and it was business as usual. We have tried to do this but the players brought in, such as Mangala, Bony etcetera haven't been up to the mark.

We made the mistake of allowing them all to grow old together. Most of the great sides in the past seemed to have a player from the reserves ready to come in, or buy a player and slowly assimilate them with how they wanted them to play. The regular first teamer would then move on, his replacement step in and it was business as usual. We have tried to do this but the players brought in, such as Mangala, Bony etcetera haven't been up to the mark.

As you say bad buying coupled with financial limits imposed by FFP together with the Academy in its infancy combined to give us the ageing of many of our heroes from the close past.
Ideal time for Pep to ring his changes but I worry about this season.
Hopefully Pep can balance his method change with player change to at least achieve 4th place otherwise our CL place will be delayed which is presumably not how Pep would see his 3 year plan developing.

I've always liked that line in batman "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." And it certainly applies for some players we have on the books

Finishing outside the top 4 and id hope Pep would close the door himself....it would be a clear failure to meet targets set !!

CL next year should be the plan I agree but many changes could bring about problems that other teams can exploit (recent form being an example). Hopefully this is not chronic and we become champion contenders again.

Gaining something from their experience and conforming his plans to their proven abilities seems more decent to me .

you have to move on and ship them out before they get stale and it can be a nightmare watching a hero just going thru the motions and the fans jumping on there back. pep is the type of manager that will not stand for it and its his way or the highway and if he see's you have a future then he will give you everything but you must be willing to learn the ways of pep

Then that was Pellegrini's mastermind then. Fuck that twat. He's on the last leg of his career anyway.

Μilner , Dzeko , Hart , Toure , Nasri .
Rumors about Kun , Kompany , Zabaleta , Clichy .
Only Silva and Kolarov seem secure
Kolarov safe, fuck me. To be fair, he seems to have this ability of surviving overhaul after overhaul. Eventually his luck will run out and next summer he will be shipped out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.