Argentina v France - Sun 18th Dec, 15:00 | Final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny thing is all through the game I was devastated for Sergio that he wasn't on the pitch. This has more than made up for it. Zaba should have been on there as well and you'd like to think he would have been hadn't he been working upstairs.
I am so sad that sergio has had to retire and play no part anymore , he was having a lot of fun with the team though lol, bless him

Is this the worst Argentina world cup squad Messi has played in? I genuinely think it is when you compare names.
Nah, other squads might have had "bigger" names, but this current squad is way more complete in all lines. Previous Argentina's sides had a lot of attacking power but lacked fatally on the middle, at the back and on goal.

We now have a World Class defense and midfield. I know names like Enzo, Mac Allister, Romero, Lisandro don't sound like much at this moment, but they are going to be top top players for years to come. Argentina didn't have anything like that on those positions in previous World Cups that Messi played in. Add to that a perfect striker partner in Julian, and this might be the best squad Messi played for.

For France to get to back to back World Cup finals, win one and narrowly lose the other is a major achievement that shouldn't be overlooked. They'll be in the mix again in 4 years and mbappe will be at the height of his skills.
They'll be in the mix again in 4 years and mbappe will be at the height of his skills.
Some of their younger players look outstanding, they still will be a huge force in 4 years time.

The guy is a warrior and a very under valued player, any footballer than plays 100 times for Argentina is quality.
Yup.

I've written umpteen times that Ota was the best CB in our league in one of his seasons with us and one of the best otherwise.

He makes tackles that very few others would pull off but he can get abit carried away and that has led to errors.

He's a world champion now and has been a key part of Argentina's success. Delighted for him.

I thought the robe that the Emir of Qatar put on Messi was a Bishit...

Other than that it was a brilliant watch.

Ye such a shame Aguero will never have got a World Cup or CL. Was he still playing international football when he went to Barca and got his heart problem?

Pretty sure he was. He was definitely in their squads at the end of his time here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.