Argentina v France - Sun 18th Dec, 15:00 | Final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So this picture has been floating aroung t'internet showing that Argentina's third goal shouldn't have counted as there were two extra players on the pitch. I'm very glad it did count but have a sneeking suspicion that, if it was a goal for City, VAR would have stepped in.Screenshot_20221220_070813.jpg

How's a 3-0 win on the semifials of a WC not inspiring? Aside from Germany in 2014, how many other teams have shown that level of dominance at that stage?
I'm not arguing that Argentina were not the best team but you have to agree that supposed strong teams like Belgium, Portugal, Germany did not have a good tournament. Italy didn't get there at all. Spain and Brazil two more that should ave git further
Croatia were poor opposition and were depending on penalty shoot outs to progress. I am guessing from your user name that you are Argentinian or have Argentinian connections so congratulations on your win.
I wish Maradona had been around to see it.

I really don't get loads of people saying it's the best football game they have ever seen, even mica said it and he played in 2011 v qpr yes I'm biased but please best game ever

I really don't get loads of people saying it's the best football game they have ever seen, even mica said it and he played in 2011 v qpr yes I'm biased but please best game ever
I'm not sure how you define best game, a thriller with the WC on the line certainly isn't a bad one.
The QPR game had an amazing finish, but most of the game wasn't very good.
I guess if you're a Real Madrid fan you will remember the semifinal against us rather more fondly than I do.It had some pretty good football as well particularly the first leg.

Am I the only one on here to have seen Real Madrid demolish Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3 (albeit on black-and-white TV) in Glasgow in the 1960 Final? Puskas, Di Stefano, Gento et al....
I had never seen anything like it and it remains the pinnacle for me.
Nowadays, I suppose, it would be dismissed as a "coach's nightmare" for letting so many goals in.
You can probably still see it on YouTube?
Puskas's left foot, wow! None of these silly weak sidefooting attempts at goal.

Great game, shame that neither side could've taken one of those chances right at the end of extra time and spared us the slightly artificial thrill of penalties.

Best game i ever saw was the World Cup SF between Germany and Italy in 06

I'm not arguing that Argentina were not the best team but you have to agree that supposed strong teams like Belgium, Portugal, Germany did not have a good tournament. Italy didn't get there at all. Spain and Brazil two more that should ave git further
Croatia were poor opposition and were depending on penalty shoot outs to progress. I am guessing from your user name that you are Argentinian or have Argentinian connections so congratulations on your win.
I wish Maradona had been around to see it.

I think that's true of every single world cup win though. There are always tight games and you always get a strong side that disappoints. It's tournament football, you win anyway you can. Croatia beat Brazil and they tried to use the same tactics in order to defeat Argentina but got blown away. They showed huge fight to beat both the Netherlands and France despite blowing a two goal lead without long left. The final they had it won again with two minutes to go! Huge resolve, spirit and determination to get over the line. Penalties are a part of the game and tactically you do what you have to in order to win games. Croatia knew they didn't have much attacking talent but a solid defence, a hard working team and a class act in the centre of the park. They managed to come back from 1-0 down against a Brazil side everyone was buzzing about, and won the shootout.

He didn't get on the pitch so he probably hates that game secretly! Zabba had stole his limelight and scored our first of course! That game was the most dramatic ending ever, but not the best overall game. This World Cup game was a procession for 80 minutes and then it became absolutely breath taking. But there have been plenty of games like that. Us coming back at Spurs from 3-0 down and with 10 men. The game was dull until we came back. Similar with the Istanbul win for the dippers. They were out of it and suddenly they weren't. For me, and end to end game where it's 1-0 then 1-1 then 1-2 and so on is more entertaining as you just don't know which way it's going to go. We got a good 40 minutes of that in the World Cup final but I'm sure others would rival it - they're just not as fresh in the mind!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.