Arsenal and Chelsea Refs

Even looking on a personal level, a referee could pass information on to a trusted individual to influence how and where they place their bets. From a wider perspective, betting syndicates (far east especially), bet billions on the outcome of Premier League and Championship games week-in-week-out.

If the ability to corrupt exists, you would be incredibly stupid to believe that it isn't being exploited.

Another shite bent performance from 2 officials glossed over by TV which pushes me that little bit closer to playing golf more regularly rather than getting annoyed and frustrated with football.

I'm sadly the same almost 90% certain I'm giving up my season ticket after 36 years! Not paying good money to watch cheating and corruption week in and week out.

In return for access to PGMOL to make the programme with Neville & Carragher, it's quite clear that Sky have adopted a hear-no-evil, see-no-evil, speak-no-evil policy.

But why does anyone expect anything different from the organisation that's had refs dancing to their tune for a while. I'm in no doubt that Howard Webb's strings were being pulled by Sky and that's how he was our 'number 1 ref' despite being no better than others.

Perhaps explains why there has been very little publicity let alone exposure regarding the recent France v Spain friendly which used an external video ref to advise ref of mistakes. As I said in a previous post it worked very well with the usual replays of goals or offsides and I was impressed that the errors that mattered to the score were actioned.

Certainly not anything that Sky would want if they have the suspected deal you mention but I suppose Fifa will hopefully instigate it for the Russian international event and as England are involved all can see the errors rectified rather than the refs decision being final.

How can a broadcaster with all the influence their money brings to the game be able to run a multi £Million pound betting business around the very sport they are showing without any conflicts of interest?

its never mentioned but its crazy imo.

I actually thought Marriner did pretty well overall. You could argue that Coquelin could have easily had a second yellow for the push on De Bruyne but it looked more clumsy than malicious at the time. I didn't spot the ball hitting Monreal's arm in real-time and, even then, it could be argued that it wasn't deliberate and was ball to hand more than anything else.

I'm OK with refs showing a bit of leniency as long as that works both ways and by and large it did yesterday. Certainly can't blame him for dropping 2 points.

I actually thought Marriner did pretty well overall. You could argue that Coquelin could have easily had a second yellow for the push on De Bruyne but it looked more clumsy than malicious at the time. I didn't spot the ball hitting Monreal's arm in real-time and, even then, it could be argued that it wasn't deliberate and was ball to hand more than anything else.

I'm OK with refs showing a bit of leniency as long as that works both ways and by and large it did yesterday. Certainly can't blame him for dropping 2 points.
I'm with you, I thought he did alright.

They are human after all and if they do not see something they can not give it.

Unlike Anthony Taylor who clearly saw Sideshow Bobs push on Aguero, went for the card then had a change of heart - TWAT.

Should have possibly sent Navas off for his foul on Monreal
Should have sent off Walcott for his foul on Ferny that wasn't even given as a foul
Should have sent both Xhaka and Coquelin off for two yellows each
Should have given us a penalty in the last minute
Game should have finished 10 against 8
If anyone disagrees with this they need to go to Specsavers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.