Arsenal AWAY Ticket Price (merged)

Re: Arsenal AWAY Ticket Details.

It really is depressing. £62 is a lot of money for 90mins. It won't be long before it is the equivalent of £1 per minute.

I'm one of the fans who is trying to build up my loyalty point tally to catch up with the high flyers and these sorts of fixtures (London away) are ideal as a lot of fans may pass them up with travel and other expenses. Originally I was actually going to go but in the end have ended up joining the boycott! Even though 40pts for several away matches racks up very quickly I cannot justify supporting these rising costs. If we don't make a point now, how much will they be next year, the year after and so on?

Gutted like others on here as this away fixture has been brilliant in the past.

The Independent is the only paper to mention this though...

Last season, City sold out an extended allocation of 5,200 tickets priced at £20 and £10 for a Carling Cup quarter-final at the Emirates.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/city-fail-to-sell-a-third-of-tickets-for-arsenal-trip-8443430.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 43430.html</a>

matty barton said:
BlueHalli said:
Your talkin derby day prices at around fifty pounds.we have done games this season for around the thirty pounds mark. We're also doin two matches for 49 pounds, that's less than twenty five pounds a game. Don't just look at our derby day price and use that as a standard because it isn't . We're Actually good value compared to arsenal rippin off home and away fans on a regular basis .

Mate, Arsenal fans paid £51 to watch City v Arsenal, so there is a little too much protesting here for my taste.

You are better value for your own fans than we are, but thats a different discussion to all the bleating on here.

Arsenal are a little more expensive than Chelsea,QPR and Spurs. Arguably thats justifiable as the ground/seats/facilities are superior to the ones at those clubs.

I'm not slating anyone for complaining, but I think you lot have one about this the wrong way. Protest will only be successful if fans of all clubs unite.

Lets not forget that clubs don't like away fans. They cost more to steward and are more likely to cause trouble. Clubs would love an excuse to get rid of them and sell those seats to home fans. The only exception would be Wigan whose average gates are boosted by the big north west clubs and the two North London clubs.

I think it's the barrier of £60 being broken that has really brought it home. Although we moaned at £56/59 for Chelsea, nothing like as much as we are for this. Everyone has a cut off price and mine was £50 but Football's like a drug and I've cut some things out of my life to still be able to go. Luckily I have an understanding wife but the amount I spend on football tickets is shameful.
Ticket prices are not going to go down but I think the clubs need to get together along with the FSA and decide whether they care about away fans and if they do, have some sort of cap on prices for away tickets. It's always a much better occasion at City when there are more away fans and I'm sure most fans of other clubs would agree.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...hird-of-tickets-for-arsenal-trip-8443430.html

City's allocation of roughly 3,000 tickets, which cost £62 for adults, did not sell out.

That bit from the article gets me. Whilst I am happy with the issue being highlighted is it too much to expect them to get their facts right rather than resort to lazy journalism. The tickets available to City fans have sold out, they actually sold out 13 days before the game is due to be played. No doubt if City hadnt made the decision pre christmas to return a block these tickets would have sold out based on the full allocation.
Would have been far better and more accurate to report that City sent a block back as they didnt want their fans being ripped off rather than make out that the premier league champions cant even sell 3000 tickets for one of the big away games.

Cheltenham Paco said:
What I can't understand is how were the 'SOLD OUT' signs up weeks ago for the game?? Those 912 seats would have gone for sure, as with a lot of Londaon games as the points drop on purchase the London/Southern ex-mancs and southern Blues pick them off to complete the numbers. Has City explained this...No? Yet another fuck up by the tk office!!

The mistake you are making is thinking your club/box office give a fuck. None of them do. All they are interested in is selling out home games. Whether those tickets go to home fans, away fans or tourists from Asia makes no difference.

If anything the Asian tourist is the most welcome as he'll spend in the club shop, and the away fan the least welcome, as they might be noisy and cost money to steward.

The box office managers at Arsenal or City or anywhere else don't spend time on football message boards posting banter like '' u can't sell ur away tickets looooool cos u r a small time club with shit support looooool lmaoooo''.

Cheltenham Paco said:
What I can't understand is how were the 'SOLD OUT' signs up weeks ago for the game?? Those 912 seats would have gone for sure, as with a lot of Londaon games as the points drop on purchase the London/Southern ex-mancs and southern Blues pick them off to complete the numbers. Has City explained this...No? Yet another fuck up by the tk office!!
Because if we dont sell the tickets we have to pay for them. There wasnt the demand and im sure Arsenal had a deadline for us to return them so they could sell them themselves

I am glad we didn't sell out and we sent them back but unfortunately Arsenal will only sell the tickets to their fans anyway

ell said:
Cheltenham Paco said:
Because if we dont sell the tickets we have to pay for them. There wasnt the demand and im sure Arsenal had a deadline for us to return them so they could sell them themselves

I had just come back on to post something similar ell!! People are too ready to criticise our ticket office without either thinking it through or knowing the facts. City have to pay for unsold tickets and, let's face it, they are not a charity they are a business and with all the Fair Finance stuff we have to be careful.

Why don't the Football Supporters Federation start a campaign about this issue? I think it is as important, if not more important, than safe standing because if people stop going to matches there won't be any need for a safe standing campaign, there will be no one there to stand or sit!!

Check out this moronic take on events:

<a class="postlink" href="http://arseblog.com/2013/01/city-fans-refusal-to-pay-opens-an-important-debate/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arseblog.com/2013/01/city-fans-r ... nt-debate/</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/08/manchester-city-ticket-allocation-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... on-arsenal</a>

guardian also on it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.