Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final) Post Match Thread

Came home around 9 and along the way I was not angry at all because it was so laughable.

The state that we are in, playing with flair but strolling when under pressure, it's really more than the ref or luck. We just don't have the desire like we once did when we had Mancini.

Typical City written all over it and we spent a lot to really get back on track.

We should have won it, as with many other matches we had this season. Stop playing by the tactics clipboard and just play.

Just got home and can't really fault the lads for effort , the ref gave us absolutely nothing and the woodwork saved the Goons , and they did a great hatchet job on Merlin , thought Yaya was immense second half and extra time , Vinny was strong for the 120 minutes , not sure what was wrong with Leroy today he just did'nt turn up , on another day one of the shots that hits the woodwork goes in and we are skipping , very fine margins and we were unlucky today.
Would like to congratulate our supporters great atmosphere and backing for our team , not bad for a bunch of fans who can't sell tickets and don't stay to the end , 500 mile round trip and work in the morning for a lot of us , proud to be a blue today.

Leroy got fucked over by our tactics and slow as shit play.

All season the two young wingers have been fantastic when given the ball early to attack their defenders.

Today, Sané never got the ball until arsenal's back 6 was all in position ready to stop him and crowd him out, if he got the ball at all, and Sterling was not allowed to even go wide! He had to let Navas overlap and fire crosses into the first man, so he just plodded around the inside right never getting any balls in behind to chase, just trying to occupy merlins role without any of the skills to do it.

Nothing wrong with the players. Fernandinho seemed to get injured early and played through it which was why I think he had a poor game than his standard. It's beyond the players and the manager.

Just can't put a finger on it. Feels like a curse. I think we are just being too technical at times.

I am -what has he done to justify the shirt .?

i think ( correct me if I'm wrong) he has some of the best assist stats in the league. if you dont think hes good enough for us then you've only just started watching city matches with him playing and haven't watched him all season. hes been great for most of the season. the last game he started hull, he was brilliant.

Last edited:
Leroy got fucked over by our tactics and slow as shit play.

All season the two young wingers have been fantastic when given the ball early to attack their defenders.

Today, Sané never got the ball until arsenal's back 6 was all in position ready to stop him and crowd him out, if he got the ball at all, and Sterling was not allowed to even go wide! He had to let Navas overlap and fire crosses into the first man, so he just plodded around the inside right never getting any balls in behind to chase, just trying to occupy merlins role without any of the skills to do it.

Sane was very frustrated he was gesturing to KDB and Yaya for the ball and was'nt getting the pass when he needed it , but he did have occasions to take on Chamberlain but unusually for him he took the easy option and passed the ball back to Clichy , he has set a very high standard in the last couple of months and he fell well below it. I will put it down to a young lad being overrawed by the big occasion , but his time will definitely come , a future superstar.

Sane was very frustrated he was gesturing to KDB and Yaya for the ball and was'nt getting the pass when he needed it , but he did have occasions to take on Chamberlain but unusually for him he took the easy option and passed the ball back to Clichy , he has set a very high standard in the last couple of months and he fell well below it. I will put it down to a young lad being overrawed by the big occasion , but his time will definitely come , a future superstar.

The problem is he needs to get the ball behind chamberlain so he can take on the right sided CB. He knows he can't beat them all, so he attacks when it's 1v1 not 1v2, that's why he ducked out of those scenarios IMO because he knows there's nothing to gain from them, just likely losing the ball.

i think ( correct me if I'm wrong) he has some of the best assist stats in the league. if you dont think hes good enough for us then you've only just started watching city matches with him playing and haven't watched him all season. hes been great for most of the season. the last game he started hull, he was brilliant.
Oh the Mighty Hull...

True. We should have someone at the top question this, Khaldoon with a dossier of incidents - the push on Sterling against Spurs when the ref was the only one who didn't see it, Sideshow bob on Aguero, the two major incidents against us in the first half today, it just goes on. We need to be calling out these bent decisions from the very top, not just a manager having a post match whinge.
That is the problem mate. The club are meeting with these cheats in private and as you can see Pep and Mike Riley ain't getting on, negotiations aren't going well. Sure we might start getting better treatment resembling fairness in coming years but I'm not happy spending my money anymore to watch it. Sick of these bent bastards being central to so many fixtures this season. I go to watch my team, not them.

Bring on video refereeing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.