Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Didn't want to say it beforehand but if we'd lost this game it would've been the title race over most likely, and we'd be in 5th. Now we're second, seven points off the top and with two points between us and 3rd (hopefully that still applies in 24 hours... go on Everton)

Those saying they thought we were good first half and don't understand the criticisms.

The differences between the first and second half are night and day.

The energy and closing down second half was a joy to watch. We never gave arsenal a moments peace - that didn't happen in the first 45 minutes.

First half we were slow, lethatgic and certainly a bit of a mess at the back. Yes, Sterling had a good chance early on but that was largely it.

Great win and want to see more of that second half aggression and commitment.

Just wish there were more posts like yours in here, man. All this negativity, all this overreaction, what can I say. You can only hope players and manager don’t visit this site…

By far the most important match City have played this season. Recent results had severely damaged our moral, lack of confidence was reflected in the performance of the 1st half, particularly in the -low- pace of our build up, the predictable ball circulation etc. Conceding early again, just after 5’, it felt like reliving the Leicester nightmare, like 10 days later. These are human beings out there, not robots. Why is it so difficult to understand their situation?

I made it clear in my first post, City’s transfer strategy last summer was a fucking travesty. An imbalanced squad, naturally an imbalanced lineup: Talented yet immature youngsters needing time, key players over 30, while for some players their best days are clearly behind them, etc etc etc. And a manager experiencing the hard reality of the PL, it’s only normal that occasionally he’ll get some things wrong. However, I’m trying really really hard yet cannot remember another manager having such an impact in such an extremely limited period of time, as far as I am concerned it has never happened before…

So I’m not going to play the blame game. With this manager and these players City have managed to qualify in the KO stage of the CL, and tonight they sit 2nd in the PL table. But there’s no doubt in my mind that whatever City achieve this season it will be against the odds, all rivals, and I mean ALL of them, have definitely more complete, balanced and experienced squads. [But is it just the direct rivals? 10 days ago playing against Leicester, Guardiola was practically obliged to field a 19yo kid in the SC position (and subbed him in the 2nd half). And Ranieri’s options, respectively? Well, only the likes of Vardy, Slimani, Okazaki, Musa. I mean it’s fucking RIDICULOUS. Just because a certain parasite with unbelievable wages failed to do his job during the summer…]

Tonight we were missing key players, Sergio, Ferna are simply indispensable, Gundogan also out (while we have learnt to live without Company) etc. Coming from behind, City beat Arsenal, an Arsenal practically forced in a clearly passive role throughout 90’. A massive win, we are still alive. Again, the most important match so far. And the key point here is not the quality of the performance, we can do much much better, it's the work ethic, you are absolutely correct. As already proven, this team refuses to accept defeat, like you, I feel it is a privilege to support this group of players led by this manager. A manager with this particular vision about football…

Get behind the team ffs. Make players feel your support, they deserve it all the way…

Antonio Conte?

Those saying they thought we were good first half and don't understand the criticisms.

The differences between the first and second half are night and day.

The energy and closing down second half was a joy to watch. We never gave arsenal a moments peace - that didn't happen in the first 45 minutes.

First half we were slow, lethatgic and certainly a bit of a mess at the back. Yes, Sterling had a good chance early on but that was largely it.

Great win and want to see more of that second half aggression and commitment.
I agree. I think people see domination possession-wise as a 'good performance'. Truth is we created little and Arsenal were allowing us time on the ball. Second half the equaliser boosted us and we hunted the ball magnificently, poor ****s didn't know how to respond.

Hopefully there'll be a MOTM vote up when one of the mods gets time because I think it'll be a very close race. Not sure between Fernando and De Bruyne, but Sterling, Sané, Kolarov, Silva and Touré are also options.

At half time Danny mills was doubting wether we would finish top four after he was saying we could catch Chelsea what a difference 45 minutes make :-)

That's half the problem though some peoples expectation levels are too high, I don't expect us to win the league this season, new manager, new ideas, squad in transition, title challengers not in Europe and so on.

Let him settle, let him get "his" squad assembled, let him get his ideas over, it's embarrassing to judge this early in his tenure. As stupid as it sounds winning his first ten games has done him no favours, some people "expect" that level every week but it's unrealistic.

Like our owners, for example.

At the start of the season the bookmakers expected us to win the league because we have the best squad and the best manager.

We should win the league. That's not unrealistic.

Didn't want to say it beforehand but if we'd lost this game it would've been the title race over most likely, and we'd be in 5th. Now we're second, seven points off the top and with two points between us and 3rd (hopefully that still applies in 24 hours... go on Everton)

And if weren't for Wythenshawes biggest Altrincham fan we'd be 1 point off the top

Great and much needed win but Arsenal were stupid not to come at us after that early goal. If they had scored a second or third I am not sure we could have come back. Pep must have laid into them at half time because the 2nd half was more reminiscent of early Season aggression and desire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.