Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Sterling made a big play of celebrating in front of the fans. It was as if to say "Thanks for your support after all the shit I got elsewhere".

He's fast becoming one of my favourite players, he's fucking brilliant and only going to get better. He's got something about him that most of the others don't have, there's a bit of cockiness in there that I think Pep can channel in the right way, I like that in a player.

I did become slightly concerned when Giroud came on.

His aerially prowess and our inability to stop/defend a cross did worry me.

Think I'll treat myself this evening with some hard hitting music. Particularly enjoying a band called 'Nails' at present :)

The Sherlocks are the band to listen to right now mate, absolutely fantastic young band.

What happened 2nd half?

I honestly don't know! During the last few years it seems we learnt to manage games better, instead of bombing forward gung-ho style. We did it last season at the swamp and this season against Chelsea. I had the impression that we tried to do this after we took the lead. But even before the end of the first half you could sense that we shifted down one gear too many. They simply (and collectively) weren't alert / ready to break anymore. It was as if the scoreline was 0-3 instead of 0-1.
Kudos to you for closing down spaces and pressing high! But really - even on an average day we do have enough quality to pass our way through lines to muster an attack at least from time to time. Not today.
What I can't understand for the love of god - instead of waking up after the equaliser and trying to build up pressure, we shifted down yet another gear.
Maybe they had Lasagna for lunch...

Decent 1st half and didn't deserve to be behind. Great second half and bossed that lot. Obviously two offside goals that did the job over them. Well according to that man in his sleeping bag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.