Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

A lot of Arsenal fans’ relative lack of sanctimonious sniping compared to the likes of United, Liverpool, or Spurs comes from the fact that a large portion of their fan base either directly or indirectly receive their wages/wealth from the likes of the UAE, Saudi, and Qatar, or regularly work with companies based in those countries in some capacity. It makes it a bit more difficult to take the “oil money” and “soulless” club position because of our ownership when anyone can simply ask you if you have any connection to the countries you are vociferously denouncing. That’s not even getting in to the fact Arsenal receive a good wedge of their sponsorship revenue from the UAE.

That’s not to say there isn’t still plenty of hypocritical nonsense coming from the Arsenal fan base—there definitely is. And, as we know, even certain “journalists” which get their wages from Saudi have no issue writing absolute tripe about our club (perhaps partly because of the origin of their pay packet).

But it does, on the whole, seem to be more subdued from Arsenal supporters compared to the red morons and lily white gobshites.
Did Arsene not start the “Sportswashing” nonsense in the first place

Did Arsene not start the “Sportswashing” nonsense in the first place
Not Sportswashing as far as I’m aware. Financial Doping was the phrase he coined. I can’t help thinking that he was just looking after the interests of his own club though but went too far at times. I mean, now he’s not getting paid millions of pounds a year to manage Arsenal he seems to have a soft spot for us these days:

Arsenal coined the phrase "Net Spend" and doing things the "Right Way" when it came to City. Especially when it came to us poaching their players.
Bumped into the missus nephew the other week who has probably never been to Arsenal but is a fan. After exchanging opinions on who should really win the league, ( both agreeing that we hate Liverpool), he couldn’t help himself to say that we had obviously cooked the books. We’ve been cheating for years, and that we never bring players through the academy because we sell everyone for profit. Apparently he gets together every month with about 12 other fans from a village in Leicestershire to talk about us. I wished him a safe journey back home then called him a **** afterwards. So no,I don’t prefer these bastards to win it either.

Last edited:
Last week I said if Arsensl run the take and we drop points, that they would be worthy winners. If that’s fire they win games and that’s goes they embrace it, I take that back. Cheats and cunts plain and simple…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.