Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

Marvin said:
Just got back
Pathetic turnout from City fans. Embarrassing
It was the manager's selection and team performance that was embarrassing,
There will be a hell of a site less their next time as well (should we be lucky enough to get there) if we continue to treat the CS with such disdain with a crap team selection and then play a formation that plays right into the opposition's hands. 4 against 5 in midfield is just asking for trouble.

BlueAnorak said:
Marvin said:
Just got back
Pathetic turnout from City fans. Embarrassing
It was the manager's selection and team performance that was embarrassing,
There will be a hell of a site less their next time as well (should we be lucky enough to get there) if we continue to treat the CS with such disdain with a crap team selection and then play a formation that plays right into the opposition's hands. 4 against 5 in midfield is just asking for trouble.
I wasn't bothered about the selection. I knew before the game that the World Cup players weren't going to be there

The back line was make-shift but for me the game was lost because of us not turning up and looking interested in the first few minutes. We invited Arsenal on to us, and once that happened it was dead easy for them to sit deep and counter-attack

Not sure I will go again if we get to the Community Shield. I don't want to sit in a half-empty stand. Throughly dispiriting and embarrassing. What does that say about our football club to players like Fernando. Doesn't help us make a strong start to the game, when the players see that we're not bothered

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Oh wait, that is just the usual Manchester rain!

OK, pre-season is over now. Time for everyone to step forward after their nice summer breaks and start the campaign as we mean to go on. That means some players putting in a good shift this week to pick up their fitness, while others need to take a step back and take it a bit easier, so they can recuperate after a long pre-season tour.

A good week of Manc air, getting back into the swing of getting up in your own bed, having brekkie, heading off to work in your Bentley, rolling into Carrington for a laugh with the lads, putting in a few hours on the practice pitch, having a bite, heading home and putting your feet up in front of your own telly/FIFA14 on your PS4......that'll do the lads a world of good!

Onwards and upwards....

We were right behind the City goal. So we saw the pure terror on Boyata's face. It was unfair to play him. Pellers' resentment about having to play this game was evident in the players' lethargy. So, hopefully, there'll be a radical difference v barcodes.

ChicagoBlue said:
The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Oh wait, that is just the usual Manchester rain!

OK, pre-season is over now. Time for everyone to step forward after their nice summer breaks and start the campaign as we mean to go on. That means some players putting in a good shift this week to pick up their fitness, while others need to take a step back and take it a bit easier, so they can recuperate after a long pre-season tour.

A good week of Manc air, getting back into the swing of getting up in your own bed, having brekkie, heading off to work in your Bentley, rolling into Carrington for a laugh with the lads, putting in a few hours on the practice pitch, having a bite, heading home and putting your feet up in front of your own telly/FIFA14 on your PS4......that'll do the lads a world of good!

Onwards and upwards....

Exactly. I haven't said it better. We win at barcodes 3-1.

Ruskinavenue said:
We were right behind the City goal. So we saw the pure terror on Boyata's face. It was unfair to play him. Pellers' resentment about having to play this game was evident in the players' lethargy. So, hopefully, there'll be a radical difference v barcodes.
I thought Boyata did well. Nastasic and Clichy were weaker, and the whole team just sat back for first 10 minutes until they scored

I used to sit right behind the goal at Maine Rd for a while and I remember the terror on Dibble's face. I hope Boyata is not like that. I thought he played with a measure of confidence and did OK even though we got beat 3-0

Don't see why we are all getting worked up by the numbers at the game, we have to save our money for all the worthwhile comps coming up like the champions league etc, something our rag neighbours won't be shelling out for, not many teams sell out for the charity shield, just look at Wigan last season,

Peter Bodak's Quiff said:
Don't see why we are all getting worked up by the numbers at the game, we have to save our money for all the worthwhile comps coming up like the champions league etc, something our rag neighbours won't be shelling out for, not many teams sell out for the charity shield, just look at Wigan last season,
Comparing City to Wigan?

There was maybe 15,000 City there at best

Great support? I think not. Cheap tickets. A day out at Wembley as Champions. Should have been packed out

Marvin said:
Comparing City to Wigan?

Great support? I think not. Cheap tickets. A day out at Wembley as Champions. Should have been packed out

Cheap tickets?

£36 for ticket
£30 for my coach travel
£40 on food/drink

Total - £106

My £40 on food/drink went rather quickly aswell with the piss take pricing, £6.50 for a burger outside the stadium (was starving and wanted something)

£106 might not be alot for you... for me this is a monthly payment for my season ticket.
car tax for the year.

Many things.

I won't be going to a CS again (if we qualify) unless it's moved to somewhere like Villa Park again.

Marvin said:
Comparing City to Wigan?

No trains,holidays,work,ST to be paid for.No reason why it should be a sell out for us !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.