Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a 4-4-2 interview with Laporte where he said that slide tackles can be used, but they're an admission that you got your position wrong in the first place. As opposed to Ottamendi who just assumes lying down is the way forwards.

Injury worries aside, think Laporte will be a top defender and ideal for a Pep side.
That's why stats like tackles per game can be so misleading. Ideally, everyone is positioned so well that no one ever needs to put a tackle in.

That's why stats like tackles per game can be so misleading. Ideally, everyone is positioned so well that no one ever needs to put a tackle in.
Yeah, there was some crazy stat that Camel Gob only conceded 68 fouls in his Rag career, whereas we concede that many a game in seems.

I'm guessing Mourinho will want to start being a pain in the arse before the season gets underway so I wouldn't be surprised if we have to fight it out for Laporte and Stones.
If I was a centre back that likes to play out there would only be one choice. When you give the ball away and cost a goal which any ball playing centre back will, you wouldn't want Mourinho throwing you under a bus. You would want Pep in your corner.

I'm guessing Mourinho will want to start being a pain in the arse before the season gets underway so I wouldn't be surprised if we have to fight it out for Laporte and Stones.
Any player willing to choose Thursday night football with the rags ahead of Champions League with City are more than welcome to them. I'd like to think Stones and Laporte have plenty of ambition and would make the right choice.

I'm fairly confident that if it was a choice between us or rags it would be us and that's without my blue tints

If I was a centre back that likes to play out there would only be one choice. When you give the ball away and cost a goal which any ball playing centre back will, you wouldn't want Mourinho throwing you under a bus. You would want Pep in your corner.

Agree with all the responses, particularly this one, but I'm still anticipating that part Mourinho's plans will be to make our lives difficult by trying to start bidding wars or general gobshitery in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.