Bacary Sagna - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great cross for the goal today. We look so much better with Sanga as right back.

Yeah, that was a sensational cross to cap off a brilliant move. Thought he was very good throughout, and should be starting whenever fit. It's not going to happen, but I'd like to see us playing tonight's back four at every opportunity to allow them to gain greater understanding as a unit. Guardiola likes to rotate his full-backs, in particular, though.

Yeah, that was a sensational cross to cap off a brilliant move. Thought he was very good throughout, and should be starting whenever fit. It's not going to happen, but I'd like to see us playing tonight's back four at every opportunity to allow them to gain greater understanding as a unit. Guardiola likes to rotate his full-backs, in particular, though.

Totally agree. Like you say it wont happen but would be good to see.

Mr reliable - he rarely falls below a 7/10 for me.

Such an intelligent footabller who reads the game superbly,he's also a fantastic athlete as his performances are proving as he approaches 34.I wouldnt be against offering him another 12 months,he still has the ability and he could be the perfect mentor,and alternative,to Maffeo as he is eased into the team.

As far as value for money transfers go.....they dont come much better than this lad.

Quiet, confident competence. Seems like it had gone out of style in the modern game, especially with the big clubs, but he oozes it. And, he is a "big strong lad" who doesn't allow himself to get beaten too often. Ball, or man, but not both...without being an obvious dirty bastard like Zaba comes across. Plus, I think with Zaba playing in front of him, it gives them BOTH more license to play more freely, knowing the cover is there.

Remember when Pep arrived and the players were talking about Pep playing everyone "out of position" in training so they could see and understand what is needed both IN other positions and FOR THE OTHER PLAYER in that position? Paying dividends now, as cover is needed here and there. Also, I think it told him who was a footballer and who wasn't...who could "play" and who could only "play a position." That Pep is a smart bastard, and it has given a new lease on life to both Zaba and Kola this season, to mention just a few.

Now, if only he would see that Joe Hart is a player!!!

Quiet, confident competence. Seems like it had gone out of style in the modern game, especially with the big clubs, but he oozes it. And, he is a "big strong lad" who doesn't allow himself to get beaten too often. Ball, or man, but not both...without being an obvious dirty bastard like Zaba comes across. Plus, I think with Zaba playing in front of him, it gives them BOTH more license to play more freely, knowing the cover is there.

Remember when Pep arrived and the players were talking about Pep playing everyone "out of position" in training so they could see and understand what is needed both IN other positions and FOR THE OTHER PLAYER in that position? Paying dividends now, as cover is needed here and there. Also, I think it told him who was a footballer and who wasn't...who could "play" and who could only "play a position." That Pep is a smart bastard, and it has given a new lease on life to both Zaba and Kola this season, to mention just a few.

Now, if only he would see that Joe Hart is a player!!!
Pep has looked and decided he isn,t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.