Bacary Sagna - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has looked and decided he isn,t.
I think Pep has said to himself that Baca is not going to be around to fulfill Pep's long term remit and that both FB positions need younger talent. However, until then, he is #1 right back by a country mile. For his age, he is playing brilliantly. Sadly, the only real problem is his age.

When has he ever let us down? We 100% need another right back this summer but we wouldn't find better cover than Bac anywhere in Europe. Hope we consider it.

I think Pep has said to himself that Baca is not going to be around to fulfill Pep's long term remit and that both FB positions need younger talent. However, until then, he is #1 right back by a country mile. For his age, he is playing brilliantly. Sadly, the only real problem is his age.
Think we have crossed wires. I was responding to the poster who aid he wished he could now see Joe was a player

Think we have crossed wires. I was responding to the poster who aid he wished he could now see Joe was a player

Sorry, that was me, but it was a tag on comment to my thought about Pep seeing "players."

Yes, sadly, I agree. My apologies for the crossed wires regarding Hart on a Sagna thread. I should have stuck to the subject, but was trying to make a wider point.

Huh? Who's talking about Joe Hart?
Quiet, confident competence. Seems like it had gone out of style in the modern game, especially with the big clubs, but he oozes it. And, he is a "big strong lad" who doesn't allow himself to get beaten too often. Ball, or man, but not both...without being an obvious dirty bastard like Zaba comes across. Plus, I think with Zaba playing in front of him, it gives them BOTH more license to play more freely, knowing the cover is there.

Remember when Pep arrived and the players were talking about Pep playing everyone "out of position" in training so they could see and understand what is needed both IN other positions and FOR THE OTHER PLAYER in that position? Paying dividends now, as cover is needed here and there. Also, I think it told him who was a footballer and who wasn't...who could "play" and who could only "play a position." That Pep is a smart bastard, and it has given a new lease on life to both Zaba and Kola this season, to mention just a few.

Now, if only he would see that Joe Hart is a player!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.