Barca v City Post Match Thread

we didn't play well and made some bad mistakes. but we got beat by barca so no shame in that and move on to the next game.

Fucking joking surely. It's the fact that he is not working with what he has got. And anyway subsequent to the summer signings there is absolutely no team in the PL with a squad as good as ours. United and Liverpool miles off. Spurs have an excellent manager but how many of their players would you want. Arsenal are talented as always. We should walk the PL and if we don't then it will be Pep's intransigence that is responsible.

quite a lot of them actually. I'd have their entire back line, keeper and some of their midfielders, same with Arsenal. I think you're wearing blue tinted glasses if you think our squad is in better shape than theirs. We're probably on par with Liverpool

To be honest I thought we played well,as good as anytime against Barca,all this bollocks about them being poor was partly down to how pep set us up,it's just (against some of the top sides)we don't get that rub of the green,that bit of luck going your way,also and more so against Barca we end up with players booked early doors putting them on a tightrope for the rest of the game..Obviously you can't legislate for mistakes or your keeper coming out when he could have stayed where he was,but things aren't as bad as some make out,the good thing is we have a home game on Sunday to get ourselves back on track..

That smart suited guy on the touch line tonight might have a fair shout (and I don't mean our smart suited guy). Simeone might run him close though. To name just two..

You seen some of barcas results this season? And Simeone has done a cracking job but so have plenty of others who have failed at other clubs the result had nothing to do with the manager tonight

Every time we have come up against the elite in this comp when it has really mattered, we have deservedly been beaten.
Tonight for the 1st time we seemed to be on an equal footing, yet we shot ourselves in the foot and ended up getting tonked when the game was there to win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.