Barricades on the turrets

blingy

Had a look through the 1st title page and not seen anything posted but please merge if already a topic .

I sit in the family stand level 2 and usuly go out out at half time for a cig with 20/30 others.
Don't want to turn this into a smoking thread as I think there are bigger issues here then just to stop smokers going on the turrets.

I don't know if this happened all around the ground but the turrets was blocked off today by mettle barriers the kind you see police put out on parades ect. giving only acess to the toilets.

There was three eather side if the exit preventing anyone walking in to the turrets exept for acess to the toilets , maned by two persone eather side..

The reason the guys manning this said it was there was the increased terror alert, which I called bull shit too, as if there was somthing to happen then they was blocking of the only exit and there was not enough people there manning the barricades to remove them should there be a sudden rush, posabley meaning persons evacuating in a rush ( 4th goal today springs to mined but lucky they had taken them down by then ) then the 1st set of people would hit thease barriers probably falling and the oncoming rush behind them and would have been trampled on...

Huge health and safty risk which I can't see the council giving the go ahead too..

And yes I'm saying this as it was a hindrance to me having my half time cig, but just drove the smoking it into the toilets anyway.
But still taking away my selfish wanting a cig out if it, it was a major health and safty concern...
I'm guessing should the shit have hit the fan those manning the Barrera (3 barriers two manning them ) would have been the 1st ones on there toes.

Last edited:
It is to stop stuff being chucked up after the game has started, the same way you get beer in for concerts etc.

It may have actually been for terror alerts.. down on level one when i left about 5 min after final whistle i noticed the usual exits were only open by one gate/door rather than all of that corner open (ually about 4 gates/doors). Presumed it was so that a ton of armed terrorists couldn't easily storm in with 5 minutes to go. But then again, maybe i was so slow leaving the ground that they'd just shut them ;)

This was an absolute joke, I don't have a problem of them trying to enforce the no smoking ban.
But it doesn't bother me if people smoke on the spirals.
What it did today was hem people in going to the bogs and stopped people who just wanted to stretch their legs.
Once again city Clueless.

I guess as Corky said the reason further up, you guys would rather be able to have a quick smoke on the spirals than stop someone throwing/passing up some kind of gun/bomb/terrorist thingy to someone once they'd gone through the bag search (not likely to happen, but they were taking no chances). But hey - a smoke is more important. I mean, in the current climate with the extra bag searches and security city had to lay on outside i'm sure the main thought they had inside was to make smoking harder for you guys! It's not like they were busy worrying about other things ffs..

Last edited:
Seems a bit mental to attack a club with Muslim owners in the dark of a foreign country also and thousands of locals about, but they never were the sharpest knives in the kitchen drawer to consider it (which they didn't and wouldn't dare), anywhere, in the first place. Ridiculous measure. They'll go to harmless places for them like shopping precincts or food courts, churches or even parks, not places like Eastlands. Blocking the spirals = pointless exercise.

I guess as Corky said the reason further up, you guys would rather be able to have a quick smoke on the spirals than stop someone throwing/passing up some kind of gun/bomb/terrorist thingy to someone once they'd gone through the bag search (not likely to happen, but they were taking no chances). But hey - a smoke is more important. I mean, in the current climate with the extra bag searches and security city had to lay on outside i'm sure the main thought they had inside was to make smoking harder for you guys! It's not like they were busy worrying about other things ffs..

Like I said there was a greater health and safety issue there today which was besides me wanting a cig

The barriers was not there 5min into the game and was not there at least 5min from the end so pointless exercise as if something wanted to be passes up then it could have been done at those times.

Plus how the fuck are you passing anything up to level 2 and 3 from the ground.

Not enough man power to man these barriers in a emergency evacuation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.