Benjamin Mendy - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost comically bad first 5-10 minutes but once he shook the rust off he started whipping in some tasty crosses. Easy to see what he'll bring. Look forward to watching him over the remaining games.

I think he could have quite a tough season next year. Great going forward, but he's as yet errant defensively, and having listened to Walker's interview last week, I can imagine Guardiola will be in his ear hole every game instructing him what to do. He has all the attributes to succeed, but I suspect it won't always be plain sailing.

Bendy Mendy is the kind of player yer want in a team committed to 'total football' where everybody, including the goalie, is an inside forward. Where you are under the cosh from an equally talented attacking team and you need to defend, he will need to sharpen up. Killer Kollers was very similar - great at going forward, great left foot, and could thump a ball across the goal with unerring accuracy but defensively he was always a bit short!

Almost comically bad first 5-10 minutes but once he shook the rust off he started whipping in some tasty crosses. Easy to see what he'll bring. Look forward to watching him over the remaining games.

He looked like Zabaleta did on his last game!

His crossing was superb. I am looking forward to him being fully fit

Great if he can get 20-30 next couple of games and then maybe 60 mins and 70 mins in the last 2 games would prepare him well for preseason. I cant see him starting in the world cup as although he's fit, hes way off match sharpness.

Great if he can get 20-30 next couple of games and then maybe 60 mins and 70 mins in the last 2 games would prepare him well for preseason. I cant see him starting in the world cup as although he's fit, hes way off match sharpness.

France will have 2 or 3 warm up games as well, plus he's their only half-decent LB so if he's remotely fit, he should start.

Bendy Mendy is the kind of player yer want in a team committed to 'total football' where everybody, including the goalie, is an inside forward. Where you are under the cosh from an equally talented attacking team and you need to defend, he will need to sharpen up. Killer Kollers was very similar - great at going forward, great left foot, and could thump a ball across the goal with unerring accuracy but defensively he was always a bit short!

I assume against stronger opposition Delph will get the nod. Or he might switch to a 3-5-2 formation and let Mendy run free.

I assume against stronger opposition Delph will get the nod. Or he might switch to a 3-5-2 formation and let Mendy run free.
Thats how I see it. I think more often than not we'll play 3-5-2 next season, as long as the required personnel are fit. If we revert to 4-3-3 i can see Delph gettnig the nod as he looks better at playing it out of defence under pressure.

He looks humongous compared to Delph. When Delph was walking to the touchline, the difference in their sizes was jarring. Didn't look like they should be playing the same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.