Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's his position though. Played pretty much his whole career out wide.

Not really. He always had great freedom and acted as a pendulum. If you watch Monaco's games, even though he appears as some sort of winger on the startlist, he used to spend most of his play time interiorly. He came out wide because he wanted to/felt it was the best option, now it's clear cut Pep forces him to play there.

Regardless, I trust Pep. I'm just afraid Bernardo won't deliver there and see his chances get thinner and thinner.

Not really. He always had great freedom and acted as a pendulum. If you watch Monaco's games, even though he appears as some sort of winger on the startlist, he used to spend most of his play time interiorly. He came out wide because he wanted to/felt it was the best option, now it's clear cut Pep forces him to play there.

Regardless, I trust Pep. I'm just afraid Bernardo won't deliver there and see his chances get thinner and thinner.

Bernado's chances won't get thinner.

Excellent assist tonight. His choice and weight of pass to set up Raz was first class.

Bernado's chances won't get thinner.

Excellent assist tonight. His choice and weight of pass to set up Raz was first class.
Yep.
Come the second half off the season Bernardo will be one of the first names on the team sheet
He could end up being better then Dave himself!!
Wonderful player

Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned with that. Pep made him his first signing this summer and was clearly delighted to get him on board. On top of that, David Silva's City career started in a similarly quiet manner.
Yep can remember thinking for the first few matches when David first came "that David Silva bloke a bit average and not physical enough". Just shows you how wrong you can be on a limited number of appearances.

Made up for him with that assist tonight. Ran his balls off when he came on. Good to see him trying to take his chances when given them. It's a long season and he'll get his time

Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned with that. Pep made him his first signing this summer and was clearly delighted to get him on board. On top of that, David Silva's City career started in a similarly quiet manner.

Thanks. I must be overreacting.

Pep had some nice things to say about him as well, so he clearly trusts him: ''...He is the perfect player''.

He will compete with Ederson for the best new addition.

I was hoping that he will start and Pep will rest someone and play him, but hopefully he will be involved more in the future.

What I like about him is he can cover for any creative player ( Silva, KDB, Leroy or Sterling) and will perform as good as them if not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.