Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling would have addressed the balance, we don't need to add Sanchez in somewhere to find balance.

Not to mention Sanchez will come inside as much as Bernardo.
Sterling needed a rest, as they all do at some point, Sanchez gives us the flexibility to rest any of the front four and also allows Bernardo to replace Silva and de Bruyne....it's a long season.

Sterling on the left will not address any problems of balance. He's best off either wide right or in the middle.

Sanchez and B. Silva cutting inside in equal measure does suggest balance.

I'm not sure if you watched the match, but Bernardo played wide right yesterday. The person you replied to said Bernardo made us unbalanced because he kept coming inside and we lacked width on the right.

Sanchez + Bernardo both cutting inside isn't balanced either, it's the exact opposite, it's losing all width.

Sterling needed a rest, as they all do at some point, Sanchez gives us the flexibility to rest any of the front four and also allows Bernardo to replace Silva and de Bruyne....it's a long season.

Sterling's only started 5 of our 12 games this season, he didn't need a rest.

I'm not sure if you watched the match, but Bernardo played wide right yesterday. The person you replied to said Bernardo made us unbalanced because he kept coming inside and we lacked width on the right.

Sanchez + Bernardo both cutting inside isn't balanced either, it's the exact opposite, it's losing all width.
Not if the fullbacks are bombing on. Like against Feyenoord.

Not if the fullbacks are bombing on. Like against Feyenoord.

Walker was able to bomb on yesterday, we still looked lopsided and lacked the balance Sterling brings - you obviously agreed with that as you suggested Sanchez would fix it.

Delph is never going to be an attacking force out wide.

Walker was able to bomb on yesterday, we still looked lopsided and lacked the balance Sterling brings.

Delph is never going to be an attacking force out wide.
That's because our fullbacks are unbalanced too at the moment due to Mendy's injury. Right now Sane needs to play because we have no width on the left otherwise. Sterling is definitely the right player to keep the balance when Sane plays. But when we played Feyenoord we had that balance with B. Silva due to fullbacks bombing on or D. Silva/De Bruyne drifting wide.

This is something which can either be addressed in January, or rectified when Mendy comes back.

That's my fear.... the width we create due to our pace is as good as it gets, Sanchez has a habit of slowing down attacks.

At this rate, Sterling, Sané, Jesus and Aguero are all going to get to january with 15+ goals under their belts.

In the summer, and the first couple of games, there was a real concern that we didn't have enough goals in the team, but Sterling and Sané have made the step up that we needed them too, and now bringing in Sanchez just seems superfluous.

At the end of the day I won't complain if Sanchez arrives, obviously not, it'll make us even better short term, but I don't know that'd we'd keep our current 4 long term with Sanchez taking their game time, and to be honest I prefer all of them to him.

Not to mention, to bring this back on topic, Pep seems to think of Bernardo as part of the front 3, so when does he play with Sanchez arriving? Gundogan seems to be his primary choice for replacing merlin or KDB at the moment.

We've got bigger problems to address.

Not to mention, to bring this back on topic, Pep seems to think of Bernardo as part of the front 3, so when does he play with Sanchez arriving? Gundogan seems to be his primary choice for replacing merlin or KDB at the moment.
Bernardo was obviously bought to play as 8, but some starts as RW are needed to give him more minutes. Seems like moulding him into a competent mid would require some time, a year or more.

Bernardo was obviously bought to play as 8, but some starts as RW are needed to give him more minutes. Seems like moulding him into a competent mid would require some time, a year or more.

Was he? He's never played as an 8, and when given an easy opportunity to play him there, either in the PL or CL, Guardiola has played him wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.