Bernardo Silva contract situation

Great news. People here said in the summer transfer thread that it is better if he wants to leave even if for 50m euros than keep an unhappy player. fuck that, I guess we got lucky nobody came around with an offer for him maybe Barca tried some bullshit loan offer but nothing acceptable.

This is a 100m+ pound player if Grealish is as well.

great player, super engine, not injury prone, works hard off the ball, top notch technique.

I said at the time we had to look at De Gea's collapsed move to Madrid/Faxgate.

He was absolutely adamant he had to leave United to go and live in Spain with his girlfriend, it was 2 seasons in the making, his heart was set on it, no turning back. That was 7 years ago.

People change their minds, they find workarounds, opportunities pass. You've got to fight to keep hold of Bernardo as much as possible, and if he ends up signing a new deal the club couldn't have played it more perfectly, having been open and supportive to the idea when he wanted to leave.

He was absolutely adamant he had to leave United to go and live in Spain with his girlfriend, it was 2 seasons in the making, his heart was set on it, no turning back. That was 7 years ago.

People change their minds, they find workarounds, opportunities pass. You've got to fight to keep hold of Bernardo as much as possible, and if he ends up signing a new deal the club couldn't have played it more perfectly, having been open and supportive to the idea when he wanted to leave.
Precisely. Some players are mercenaries whilst some like to feel valued and wanted. It seems City only look at players who fall into the latter category and buy into what the Club stands for. It works both ways and the Club clearly has the interests of players at heart. In Bernardo's case they played it exactly right, conversely as they did with Torres.

Particularly the circumstances and timing of Bernardo being unhappy (worldwide pandemic and lockdown), which was extreme, and temporary.

Looks happier than a monkey in a banana shop these days. Get it signed Bernie you beauty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.