Bert Trautmann - R.I.P

quiet_riot said:
Also, seeing the joy on my Dad's face when FantasyIreland presented him with a pic he took of Bert & my Dad at the QPR game.

RIP.

I was so happy for both of us that i was lucky enough to get that opportunity mate,send my best......

I'm apart of the younger city generation being born in '93 but my grandad told me a story about a German soldier who was captured by our once great empire and started to play for city. He painted me a picture about how he jumped into a Birmingham city players stride and broke his neck nearly dying as a result and still carried on! But the one thing my grandad always told me was that Bert Trautmann was the greatest man to even stand between the sticks and I am absolutely gutted that he's gone upstairs! I think someone should keep his seat up there warm! Now the big man has gone we can look back at how great he actually was! Not as a player but as a man! Rest in Peace Bert and I hope your keeping Young, Doyle and all our other legends company!

What a true legend and amazing life lead....come on city make our next signing a goal keeper made out of brass outside of the stadium, if anyone deserves a statue then surely it's Bert...RIP Bert.

A legend, a brilliant goalkeeper and a truly wonderful man who I had the pleasure to meet on a couple of occasions.

Maybe the East Stand should be renamed in his honour.

For all the memories Bert - thankyou

RIP

I was 12 in 1964 and stood on the Kippax for Bert's testimonial. I will always remember that night. The place was buzzing.

RIP Bert. You are a legend.

What a legend. R.I.P.

Here's a couple of international clippings from the 50's I found.

trautmann1.jpg

Yeah, Berg, 30, first one isn't too flattering, I suppose media were pretty lazy back then too.

trautmann2.jpg

bertue.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.