Big Data Waging War on the Media

Meh, don't use faecesbook, all they'd get from Twitter is City and Ireland, maybe they could direct me towards candidates with strong anti-rag leanings?

Seen this mentioned before and don't believe the Democrats wouldn't be doing the same. The data's (scarily) accessible and analysis feasible, so why not. Trump may have had more success as he's more extreme though.

Twitter seem to be big on it right now with Trump, anything he posts has Democrats as the top commentators, always the same people it is very strange.

Elections will never be the same again.

Seen this mentioned before and don't believe the Democrats wouldn't be doing the same. The data's (scarily) accessible and analysis feasible, so why not. Trump may have had more success as he's more extreme though.

They do. They drive it differently as they do have Hollywood and a left leaning media (note that I didn't say that the media was corrupt, just that on the whole, those in the media do favor the Dems). There was a ton of talk about Obama's election data collective. It was supposed to be so far ahead of anything that had been done to that point. Here is an article from four years ago about it: http://www.infoworld.com/article/26...-how-big-data-analytics-helped-obama-win.html

Twitter seem to be big on it right now with Trump, anything he posts has Democrats as the top commentators, always the same people it is very strange.

Elections will never be the same again.

I dare say that not only elections fall into this. Trump enjoys the fact that he can talk to the people without the filter of the media. I don't think that the next President will simply fall back into line. Every President I can remember had some kind of war on the press including Obama. They now have the tools to circumvent if they so choose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.