Biggest regret and why.

I made to sure to tell my Mum how much I loved her when she was given a few months to live, but I regret not telling her how amazing she was and making sure she knew it. I hope she did, but I regret not saying the words. And I regret not going down to see her when I knew she was about to go. My Dad had taken her phone off her to make sure she got some rest and I was fuming because I wanted to speak to her desperately and tell her I'd see her the next morning. She had died by the time I woke up to travel down there. My Dad did apologise and I know he was trying to do the right thing, and thought I was okay with it. But recently I've become really fucking angry that he denied me that last conversation.

I made to sure to tell my Mum how much I loved her when she was given a few months to live, but I regret not telling her how amazing she was and making sure she knew it. I hope she did, but I regret not saying the words. And I regret not going down to see her when I knew she was about to go. My Dad had taken her phone off her to make sure she got some rest and I was fuming because I wanted to speak to her desperately and tell her I'd see her the next morning. She had died by the time I woke up to travel down there. My Dad did apologise and I know he was trying to do the right thing, and thought I was okay with it. But recently I've become really fucking angry that he denied me that last conversation.
Mate don't be angry. He made the decision for the right reason. Even if it was 'wrong' it was for the right reasons at THAT moment.
In November I got a phone call telling me my mum was dying. I ran around to find my boss to tell them I needed to leave work.
Got to the hospital but when I got to her room she had just died.
I know this is deep but I'm convinced she didn't want me there at the very moment she died.
There were a few reasons why it took me longer to get to the ward than it should (couldn't find a parking machine that worked plus a couple of other things) and my brother and sister were there.
But my mum had always protected me as the 'baby' of the family. And even at a 'mature' age, with grown up kids of my own, she still saw me as the one that needed protecting.

In my eyes it was just meant to be that way. She knew I loved her and no doubt your mum knew how you felt.
Words aren't always needed. It's a 'feeling' that she'll have got from you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.