Biggest regret and why.

Not keeping an appointment with Larry Page,manager of the Troggs, in the sixties. He ran Page One records and wanted to sign me.Fortunately I got a second chance later in life but missed a lot of years of making good money.

To the person expecting twins, you'll love it. I became a house husband when my first wife had twins and loved it. They're 22 now and my eldest lad 26. They all work hard but none of them do 9-5. I used to write for tv and radio shows and do the stand-up circuit and convinced them 9-5 was a slow noose around your neck. But when they were young I was strict disciplinarian. It was the way I was brought up and didn't know any different. I wouldn't tolerate them drinking/smoking, my daughter going to school caked in make-up or her school skirt half way up her arse as was the norm then and still is by the looks of things. I didn't allow them out late when all their friends were staying out just fucking about in parks, bus stops etc.

Even though they've never complained about it or even brought it up to be honest, it still irks me that maybe I was too harsh on them. In 2007 I was at the Edinburgh Fringe all August and my eldest was 16 that month. I spent my last £70 to get a train home just to wish him happy birthday. When I got there his mum was spending the night with the bloke she since married, and he'd arranged a big party at the house with all his mates. I returned home just for that night and unbeknown to me spoilt the whole thing.

Last edited:
It was 50% off at a bbq place in town yesterday, so me being clever i ordered a platter for 4 people for myself. Couldnt sleep last night with the meat sweats, still stuffed now and i can feel a turd the size of twins getting ready in my stomach. Biggest regret in a long while

Got offered a spare for the 1-6 on the day of the game and turned it down as I was "a bit skint".

Stupid fucking twat should have whacked the day on my credit card.
Same here. My mate was holding a spare ticket he had into my hand, and i went to take it before saying "keep It mate, I'm never going there again, I begrudge giving those rag bastards a penny". Never been back since.

Same here. My mate was holding a spare ticket he had into my hand, and i went to take it before saying "keep It mate, I'm never going there again, I begrudge giving those rag bastards a penny". Never been back since.

I went back the year after to watch Sergio leave Phil Jones for dead... Wouldn't buy a thing in there, just the ticket.

Great night.

I split up with long term ex 7 years ago and vowed never be in relationship again wouldn't go through that again. Out with a few girls after that and none seemed right so stopped seeing them. Was really enjoying my single live again last couple years, never home, loads of weekends away, going to City. Started seeing a girl in work 5 months ago, known each other 5 years but only saw each other outside of work at work dos, got chatting properly on October, we just clicked straight away and off course like a fucking idiot I fell for her hook line and sinker. She called it all off on Tuesday as trying to get her own business up and running so can't commit or spend time in relationship, gave her all the stuff about I'll help, I'll see you when you want etc etc but she said she couldn't and wasn't fair on me, I knew this at the beginning and did stress I wouldn't stop her or in any way hold her back.

So my biggest regret at the moment is giving her my heart and sitting here not slept for 2 days didn't eat for 2 days, roll on Monaco to I get plastered

I'm a fucking plum, I'm fucking 55 next week not a teenager - hopefully be able to give me head a wobble and a shake at the weekend

I know I'll be fine in few days but fuck sake man up to fuck

Last edited:
I split up with long term ex 7 years ago and vowed never be in relationship again wouldn't go through that again. Out with a few girls after that and none seemed right so stopped seeing them. Was really enjoying my single live again last couple years, never home, loads of weekends away, going to City. Started seeing a girl in work 5 months ago, known each other 5 years but only saw each other outside of work at work dos, got chatting properly on October, we just clicked straight away and off course like a fucking idiot I fell for her hook line and sinker. She called it all off on Tuesday as trying to get her own business up and running so can't commit or spend time in relationship, gave her all the stuff about I'll help, I'll see you when you want etc etc but she said she couldn't and wasn't fair on me, I knew this at the beginning and did stress I wouldn't stop her or in any way hold her back.

So my biggest regret at the moment is giving her my heart and sitting here not slept for 2 days didn't eat for 2 days, roll on Monaco to I get plastered

I'm a fucking plum, I'm fucking 55 next week not a teenager - hopefully be able to give me head a wobble and a shake at the weekend

I know I'll be fine in few days but fuck sake man up to fuck

I've learned that age doesn't always make us wiser, especially when in our heads we're still 20 years old (I'm 47)

I searched this thread to post my own regret but I'll leave it for a while as your post struck a chord with me. We all know that in the end we'll "get there" but the getting over a heartbreak is fookin tough.

Not being blase here, but roll on Monaco for you - anything that helps get you through

I've learned that age doesn't always make us wiser, especially when in our heads we're still 20 years old (I'm 47)

I searched this thread to post my own regret but I'll leave it for a while as your post struck a chord with me. We all know that in the end we'll "get there" but the getting over a heartbreak is fookin tough.

Not being blase here, but roll on Monaco for you - anything that helps get you through

Cheers, we had big argument yesterday, I said I was probably bit more emotional than usual during week as my friends mum passed away and also my son got news needs heart scan and only 19, she admitted she was off with me few days before split as she found lump on her breast ( which is ok according to dr), said I didn't take her feelings into consideration by telling her I really liked her, someone filling her head full of crap saying I'd been with someone else in work which is lies and told her at start I had taken other girl for a drink as a friend,nothing else in it so didn't see her again, told me I'd no right to feel as much about her as I do as only going out few months, I replied I can't just turn feelings on and off and if she didn't have any feelings for me she put on a good act last few months - sorry for bothering you all on here but don't have any friends in London so no one to talk to

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.