Blue pubs in Manchester

johnmc said:
texas pete said:
The Beech ? Might have been years ago.

Thought Johnny the Cap had it - he is a big rag.

Doesnt really matter who runs it does it.

the beech is now a shadow of it's former self. I don't know anyone who drinks in there anymore, they never have any beer on and it's overrun with rag scrotes. It used to be an ace pub, how it's still open now is beyond me :-(

bluearrow said:
The Crown at Bredbury is under new management AND the Blues banner is no longer in place! Anyone know if the supporters club is still based there and are they still going to show City away games etc?

Never liked the Crown, so I'm biased, but to me its always been full of rags.

Heard that The Griffin in Heaton Mersey is a big blue pub. Never tried it though.

If you ever find yourself in York on match day head to the Cock & Bottle, there's always a big blue contingency in there.

After reading the thread about some poor mans seeing his local go into extinction, it got me thinking about blue pubs in Manchester. Let's make a definitive list, I'll start us off:

The George and Dragon- Cheadle
The Griffin - Heald Green

Feel free to add your own......
The George and Dragon isn't any more mate, it is now run by a Scouser

Never liked the Crown, so I'm biased, but to me its always been full of rags.

Heard that The Griffin in Heaton Mersey is a big blue pub. Never tried it though.

The Griff is as blues as a pub can be. Also has strong links to Maine Rd FC (or did going back). It is however a Holts pub. Too much Holts will make your teeth fall out...

Thinking about The George & Dragon in Cheadle: The night the Kinkladze bar opened in the courtyard round the back, and Franny Lee brought the great man himself to open it.

Anyone else there that night?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.