Blue pubs in Manchester

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the Kippax (formerly the Gibraltar)on Grimshaw Lane, Newton Heath.
I park up nearby before each home match and sometimes go in after the game until the traffic dies down.
The whole pub is painted sky blue,it,s full of City memorabilia inside and the landlord has recently put 2 huge banners (the old style round crest) on the 2 street facing walls.

johnmc said:
bluegorton said:
Always the odd bad apple ;0) Landlord is a big blue though.

Landlord is actually a rag but most of the punters are blues. On the odd occasion we play at the same time we are always on in the big room and them the small.

And Butts old fella lives just round the corner - has a drink problem. Apparently

Not been in there for a few years, I take it Pidder is no longer the landlord then.

manclad said:
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the Kippax (formerly the Gibraltar)on Grimshaw Lane, Newton Heath.
I park up nearby before each home match and sometimes go in after the game until the traffic dies down.
The whole pub is painted sky blue,it,s full of City memorabilia inside and the landlord has recently put 2 huge banners (the old style round crest) on the 2 street facing walls.

You wont find many bigger red pubs than the old gibralatar

May well have a few blues in on matchday but it isnt a blue boozer!

The Crown at Bredbury is under new management AND the Blues banner is no longer in place! Anyone know if the supporters club is still based there and are they still going to show City away games etc?

stu the blue 85 said:
the clog in radcliffe is a blue pub, but gets full of rags when there on tele, they all do one soon as there match is finished.
the wilton(holts pub) radcliffe
the morning star in radcliffe
and the vic also in DSV will now be a blue pub coz the dj out of maryd's has just taken over as landlord
i know bez goes in the clog and he's a big blue.radcliffe is full of city without a doubt

bluearrow said:
The Crown at Bredbury is under new management AND the Blues banner is no longer in place! Anyone know if the supporters club is still based there and are they still going to show City away games etc?

Full of rags,mate.
Sack it off & get to the Hare & Hounds.
Whole back room is a shrine to all things City - signed Dunney shirt,footballs,boots & God knows what else memorabilia.
And the Hydes beer is excellent & cheap.
And the food is great.
And the barmaid...............

blue cigar said:
the old general in dukinfield. the little astley in stalybridge and fox tavern.
Agree about The Fox Tavern. Used to work there and it was always a blue pub and they used to arrange a minibus to go to the games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.