Blue pubs in Manchester

sdavros said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
It certainly was when I lived there as a kid.
You would be more likely to see a herd of water buffalo coming up Hyde Road than a rag shirt.
I didn't see one there until I was 7,and had to ask my dad what on earth it was.

is Mikey still the landlord at the Vulcan?

He is a season ticket holder at COMS, would be very surprised if he had a RAG poster up unless he lost a bet or something

It wasn't a poster - it was a huge flag covering virtually the whole of the front of the building. Had something like The Vulcan in one quarter, The Monkey in another, Gorton Rags in another and a big fuck-off Rag badge in the middle. Looks like a bit of work had gone into it. To be honest, I've lived just round the corner from there for a few years now but have never set foot in the place so can't verify who is or isn't the landlord these days. However, this would indicate that the current landlord most certainly isn't a blue. Perhaps the bloke you mention has moved on?

M18CTID said:
sdavros said:
is Mikey still the landlord at the Vulcan?

He is a season ticket holder at COMS, would be very surprised if he had a RAG poster up unless he lost a bet or something

It wasn't a poster - it was a huge flag covering virtually the whole of the front of the building. Had something like The Vulcan in one quarter, The Monkey in another, Gorton Rags in another and a big fuck-off Rag badge in the middle. Looks like a bit of work had gone into it. To be honest, I've lived just round the corner from there for a few years now but have never set foot in the place so can't verify who is or isn't the landlord these days. However, this would indicate that the current landlord most certainly isn't a blue. Perhaps the bloke you mention has moved on?

it's over two years since I was in it. so it is possible

blueboy84 said:
wanted to start my own thread but couldnt so this is the nearest.
im in tenerife(las americas) for the derby and someone told me theres
a blue pub there anyone know if its true

There's one in nearby Lanzarote!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arthursbarlanzarote.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arthursbarlanzarote.com/</a>

black mamba said:
blueboy84 said:
wanted to start my own thread but couldnt so this is the nearest.
im in tenerife(las americas) for the derby and someone told me theres
a blue pub there anyone know if its true

There's one in nearby Lanzarote!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arthursbarlanzarote.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arthursbarlanzarote.com/</a>

start making a boat of fanta bottles lad!

the clog in radcliffe is a blue pub, but gets full of rags when there on tele, they all do one soon as there match is finished.
the wilton(holts pub) radcliffe
the morning star in radcliffe
and the vic also in DSV will now be a blue pub coz the dj out of maryd's has just taken over as landlord

johnmc said:
Red Lion - Withington
Beech - Chorlton
Royal Oak - Gorton
The Grapes - Glossop

Biggest Rag pub Ive ever had the misfortune to wander into,

Full of 'half pint' drinking students talking absolute shite, can't move for them in there when the rags are playing

mancitygaz said:
johnmc said:
Red Lion - Withington
Beech - Chorlton
Royal Oak - Gorton
The Grapes - Glossop

Biggest Rag pub Ive ever had the misfortune to wander into,

Full of 'half pint' drinking students talking absolute shite, can't move for them in there when the rags are playing

Yep

Red Lions the biggest rag boozer ive been in over that way

Willow Tavern is a blue pub in failsworth

Id also say that the Dog and Partridge in Didsbury is a big blue boozer,always tons of blues in when ive been in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.