Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I am up to 3 miles a day power walking and still on a very low carb free diet after not taking any diabetes medication for 5 weeks now. I'm taking it at my own pace and in no rush to up the miles or do gym work as of yet.

Sorry mate I had a shocker, I meant to say MuscleFood, i was asking for the quality comparison with regards to chicken etc. Sorry for the mix up

I use musclefoods for all my meat - chicken breasts are about twice the size of those in tesco, and hardly anything comes out of them, unlike the buckets of water that drains out of a tesco chicken breast.

My musclefoods top tip though: avoid the pizza. It's wank and you're better off going without, then having a 'proper' pizza as a treat.

Sorry mate I had a shocker, I meant to say MuscleFood, i was asking for the quality comparison with regards to chicken etc. Sorry for the mix up

No worries pal!

As it happens I used to use muscle food and loved them, then the quality of their steaks dropped right off and I got told about www.themeatman.co.uk
The selection is a bit more limited than muscle food but the steaks are shit hot,even when they have deals on (10 x 8-9 oz sirloins for £24) the quality is still the same imo.
Chicken is great from both

Oh

Guess what https://www.themeatman.co.uk/r/clXsxget/

Yes, I am the biggest referral pigeon ever!

On my final week of 5x5 - feeling sore and in need of a break tbh, but after that, does anyone have any suggestions as to a 'new' routine to follow? Or should I keep hammering 5x5 until I totally stall?

On my final week of 5x5 - feeling sore and in need of a break tbh, but after that, does anyone have any suggestions as to a 'new' routine to follow? Or should I keep hammering 5x5 until I totally stall?
I think the recommendation is to cut back for a week, drop 10% and then start again from there.
Can' remember exactly but it's something like that.

I need to get back in to the gym. Not been going anywhere near enough and have got fat and weak.

Hiya mate, pretty much everybody caps out at some point with 5x5 so nothing unusual, people look at it and think it's an easy routine, done properly it's anything but lol, it's hard and very hard on the Central Nervous System and Peripheral Nervous System, so, take some time off, relax , do something else, swim, stretch etc, all I will say, is if you're happy with the progress you've made on the routine, then why change it ?

If it's boredom, what is it that bores you ? the rep range, exercise selection ?

Hiya mate, pretty much everybody caps out at some point with 5x5 so nothing unusual, people look at it and think it's an easy routine, done properly it's anything but lol, it's hard and very hard on the Central Nervous System and Peripheral Nervous System, so, take some time off, relax , do something else, swim, stretch etc, all I will say, is if you're happy with the progress you've made on the routine, then why change it ?

If it's boredom, what is it that bores you ? the rep range, exercise selection ?

Thanks @Dirty Harry , it's far from boredom, I think it's the best routine I've ever done. Like many, I was thinking "but what about my biceps/lats/hamstrings etc?" - but I feel stronger than ever, I've enjoyed not doing stupid amounts of accessory work, and it's allowed me to throw a cardio session in once a week. I like the 'big' lifts, so it's been ideal really - perhaps I'd like some chins in there somewhere?

I'd like to get my squats a little bit lower, I think the arse has crept upwards as the weight has increased, but other than that, I've loved it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.