Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Thanks @Dirty Harry , it's far from boredom, I think it's the best routine I've ever done. Like many, I was thinking "but what about my biceps/lats/hamstrings etc?" - but I feel stronger than ever, I've enjoyed not doing stupid amounts of accessory work, and it's allowed me to throw a cardio session in once a week. I like the 'big' lifts, so it's been ideal really - perhaps I'd like some chins in there somewhere?

I'd like to get my squats a little bit lower, I think the arse has crept upwards as the weight has increased, but other than that, I've loved it.

Ah I see, are you doing full body 3 x a week (SS style) then or something along those lines ?

Played football on Monday night and been stiff as a board since. Had to run 450 metres for the train this morning. Making sure I run a least 1km each day. Managed to get my body fat percentage down to 23% now with a longer term target of 18%.

After years of back problems I’ve taken up yoga to strengthen my core, there’s a 30 day program on you tube I’m in day 23 although I’ve havent done it religiously every day the difference is unreal, I can actually bend down in the morning to put my socks on. The lessons are no more than 30 mins long and the lady is fit who does it, but I cant recommend it enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah,

Workout A 5x5 Squat, Bench, Row.
Workout B 5x5 Squat, OHP, 1x5 Deadlift.

Alternating.

Well it's a good routine, no mistake, tried and tested, if you are happy staying on that fair enough, and no probs with swapping out the rows for pull-ups/chins , personally, if you feel biceps are an issue go underhand, and you can always finish off with one set of curls/21's .

Other than that, my own preferred routine would always be Push/Legs/Pull, Mon/Weds/Fri

Mon - Bench - OHP - Weighted Dips
Wed - Squat - Leg Press - Leg Curl/Russian Leg Curl (Personally I always preferred leg press for quads, big ass on Squats)
Fri - Deads - Chins - Curls.

Last edited:
Other than that, my own preferred routine would always be Push/Legs/Pull, Mon/Weds/Fri

Mon - Bench - OHP - Weighted Dips
Wed - Squat - Leg Press - Leg Curl/Russian Leg Curl (Personally I always preferred leg press for quads, big ass on Squats)
Fri - Deads - Chins - Curls.

Yeah baby!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.