Boris Becker: 2.5 year prison sentence

It's a cunts trick. He deserves punishment, he has been given all the chances to pay his debts, but he chose to try and hide his assets to avoid it.
I'm not sure imprisonment is the correct approach though, after all, it's supposed to be as much about rehabilitation as anything else. Will he be rehabilitated after his stretch? Will he fuck, he'll still have his hidden fortune, and the people he owes money to will still be owed it. And he'll only do a year or so in a cushy prison.
I'd have preferred him to do 2 years community service, 40 hours a week.
You know, like a proper job. That might make him think on.
I don't think community service is much of a punishment mate, some people find they actually enjoy it. And this is not shop lifting, this is big, years after a suspended sentence. His victims have to have the satisfaction of retribution.
I think he should do at least 18 months, not 10 months in an open prison.
The main idea being punishment and deterrence.
Most of us manage to live law abiding lives without pulling this kind of shit.

I don't think community service is much of a punishment mate, some people find they actually enjoy it. And this is not shop lifting, this is big, years after a suspended sentence. His victims have to have the satisfaction of retribution.
I think he should do at least 18 months, not 10 months in an open prison.
The main idea being punishment and deterrence.
Most of us manage to live law abiding lives without pulling this kind of shit.
In context, I believe it would be a punishment that befits a millionaire tennis player.
He'll have a cushy time in prison, paid for by, ironically, the tax payer. If he did community service, at least He'd be putting something back. If he enjoyed it, fair enough.

I don't see any glee or backslapping on this thread. I think some people, myself included would find it hard to forgive him when he has not shown a shred of contrition or remorse, the judge in the case even made that point. He hasn't had a moment of madness, or accidentally hurt someone because of a split second mistake. He has been deceptive and dishonest over a period of years. My sympathy in this case is with his creditors, as my father nearly went broke through chasing people who owed him money for over five years.

I don't think people are less forgiving, I think people value honour and integrity. If I owe you money, I do my all to pay you back. If I am struggling to pay you back, I work with you to fix the problem. I don't hide money and assets from you and force you to drag me through the courts.
You think sending him to prison is the answer to his creditors’ woes?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.