Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent seen enough of this kid but he looks special. wish him well, hope he gets a few looks like Foden/Zinchenko by the seasons end. If they can contribute something it would be fantastic.

Diaz though, when watching him three words crossed my mind....

Knife / Warm / Butter.

There's no chance that he'll start v Bristol IMO. Much more likely that he'll start v Burnley.
My guess would be the other way round. Pep treated the FA Cup fairly seriously last year while the League Cup has always been for the reserves. I know it's the Semis but we have bigger games coming up after that and it's Bristol and also it's a two legged tie, plenty of room to make it to the final.

My guess would be the other way round. Pep treated the FA Cup fairly seriously last year while the League Cup has always been for the reserves. I know it's the Semis but we have bigger games coming up after that and it's Bristol and also it's a two legged tie, plenty of room to make it to the final.

Yeah I agree with you there, plus in any 2 legged tie you've got more room to gamble. If he rotates a bit next week and we lose/draw, he can always start the big guns in the reverse fixture.

Bristol City weren't that great against United, they were decent but a lot of it was United being so bad and sitting off so much they plaed Bristol City into the game, and then the crowd got up and United panicked.

If we play at half our normal pace, keep the ball as we always do, take the sting out of the game then they should fall reasonably easily, with or without 2 or 3 players rested.

I'd start Diaz v Burnley. If he plays well, also start v Bristol. As long as we have a good balance of regular first teamers in these games, we should be able to progress. Players like Diaz Foden Adarabioyo and Nmecha all need the big stage to see if they can step up to become regulars. Not easy nowadays, harder than ever in fact, but if we don't play them, we'll never know.

Thought he was really direct in the 5 minutes he played today, would like to see him getting a little more time on the pitch when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.