Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid is a monster, saw a video of his performance against United, playing as a RW, but the thing is, i´ve heard he is right footed, but the way he was playing with his left foot... you just could not tell which foot was his stronger one, the way he dribbled with his left foot, you could swear he was left footed.
If you guys can groom this guy to his full potential, i truly believe he is going to be a ballon dór winner, he is special, but not just special like many young footballers are called, but truly special.
Yep,he is a gem.

He is equally comfortable with both feet,he has fantastic balance and his workrate is superb - we are very fortunate to have acquired his signature.

The sooner we loan him to play regular football the better.

If you look at all the great players you will see that they start playing with the 1st team since they were 17 or 18.

It will be nice if we can send him to Girona.

The sooner we loan him to play regular football the better.

If you look at all the great players you will see that they start playing with the 1st team since they were 17 or 18.

It will be nice if we can send him to Girona.

Brahim is 17 and has already played for the first team, a bunch of cup appearances next season and he'd be looked back on "playing with the first team since they were 17 or 18".

Not to mention players like Iniesta didn't start making regular substitute appearances until he was 20/21. It all depends on how the squad is next season and how much Guardiola plays him, I don't think a loan at 17 would be a good idea.

Brahim is 17 and has already played for the first team, a bunch of cup appearances next season and he'd be looked back on "playing with the first team since they were 17 or 18".

Not to mention players like Iniesta didn't start making regular substitute appearances until he was 20/21. It all depends on how the squad is next season and how much Guardiola plays him, I don't think a loan at 17 would be a good idea.

Playing 30 minutes only with the first team for the whole season is not really playing.

He needs to play regularly or as much as possible because he is considered to be an exceptional talent.

Playing 30 minutes only with the first team for the whole season is not really playing.

He needs to play regularly or as much as possible because he is considered to be an exceptional talent.

Maybe it's too early for Diaz, but in general our decision to keep the likes of Navas, Fernando, Sagna, Zabba, Clichy and Kolarov mean that our academy system is getting more and more squashed. Loads of players out on loan, not all playing and not many playing at a decent level. Then loads more in the EDS who aren't getting opportunities either. Needs a complete overhaul this summer. The likes of Aleix Garcia and Maffeo should have been getting more playing time and someone like Diaz could have had more time on the bench and the odd cameo.

There's a hell of a lot of talent and I'm looking forward to seeing it get chances. I'm hopeful in the summer we see Pep finally bridge the gap between the first team and academy.

He's an exceptional talent but still very much growing physically. He's definitely built himself up over the past year, but I still don't think he's fully developed.

The amount of hacking he'll get (which he already gets at U23 level) might not be the best for his development IMO. He's already tough and doesn't shirk anything, so not sure what he'd achieve playing at a lower level to play with men.

Maybe it's too early for Diaz, but in general our decision to keep the likes of Navas, Fernando, Sagna, Zabba, Clichy and Kolarov mean that our academy system is getting more and more squashed.

It's the exact opposite. Having loads of 23-28 year olds in the squad would "squash" the academy, but the fact we've got 7 senior players out of contract in the summer means there will never have been a better opportunity.

The reason we have so many on loan is because of the inadequacy of the Premier League 2 system and to make room for the golden generation of last year's u16s.

Asking Guardiola to arrive and then immediately force 5 or 6 senior players out of the squad for youth players he barely knows was a ridiculous level of expectation. Even Cruyff took 2 years to bring through players from La Masia.

Aleix Garcia is obviously in his plans, and would have seen a lot more game time from his 10 places on the bench if the senior players weren't struggling to put away any half decent side.

Last edited:
He's an exceptional talent but still very much growing physically. He's definitely built himself up over the past year, but I still don't think he's fully developed.

The amount of hacking he'll get (which he already gets at U23 level) might not be the best for his development IMO. He's already tough and doesn't shirk anything, so not sure what he'd achieve playing at a lower level to play with men.

Agree. Love Brahim but I don't think he's being held back at all at the moment. He's still clearly developing at u23 level and that's fine for now.

Surely Sancho should be the one who is fast-tracked into the first team squad, just because he seems a lot more physically developed than Diaz. Pretty soon though they're both going to be far too good to be playing U23 football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.