Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is too much being read into the BM game. He would not have played as much as he did if Pep did not see a decent player in him. There are loads of players Pep could have taken on the tour and played ahead of him but he didn’t and that in itself speaks volumes. However, I very much doubt he will get close to the first team so he simply must go on loan this season and that will be the acid test! This tour will serve as a shop window for that. He needs to concentrate on getting the best loan he can and getting as much senior football as he can!

Perhaps Pep took him because he's one of the more established EDS players. He's nearly 20. He's also taken Bytiqi, Celina and Horsefield. He's also taken Zuculini according to the MEN. So he's effectively taken the most senior EDS players to fill in.
You could say he's seen something in him, you could say he's seen something in Horsefield. My bet, he's taken the more senior youth players.
Sadly the lad simply either isn't good enough against other senior players or he hasn't got the attitude.
Some fans will blame the old manager. He can only be blamed so far.
Celina, Tosin, the Garcia's etc had the same manager, they showed great appetite last night. Will they all make it? No.

I hope not for the lad himself, but that 45 minutes could have been his only time to impress. When there's such competition for a chance, performances like that will do you no favours at all.

I don't agree that he was lazy or uninterested last night, but he certainly didn't seem to have the same drive or determination to impress as others.

I said on the post match, he's clearly a talented player, perhaps his talents don't stand out at a higher level. After all Ish Miller was an outstanding EDS player. Ebanks Blake was a superstar before kicking a ball.
He's got two brilliant feet, holds his position well and isn't lazy, languid perhaps but not lazy.
He needs a loan because rightly or wrongly the lad is behind others now and last night won't of helped.
We're looking to buy players for huge sums no older than him.

We could argue all day long Whos fault it is. His, Pellegrini's, other coaches. My bet, it's all three.

He may only have one chance to shine, if it was last night, he didn't take it.

Last edited:
Perhaps Pep took him because he's one of the more established EDS players. He's nearly 20. He's also taken Bytiqi, Celina and Horsefield. He's also taken Zuculini according to the MEN. So he's effectively taken the most senior EDS players to fill in.
You could say he's seen something in him, you could say he's seen something in Horsefield. My bet, he's taken the more senior youth players.
Sadly the lad simply either isn't good enough against other senior players or he hasn't got the attitude.
Some fans will blame the old manager. He can only be blamed so far.
Celina, Tosin, the Garcia's etc had the same manager, they showed great appetite last night. Will they all make it? No.

I hope not for the lad himself, but that 45 minutes could have been his only time to impress. When there's such competition for a chance, performances like that will do you no favours at all.

I don't agree that he was lazy or uninterested last night, but he certainly didn't seem to have the same drive or determination to impress as others.

I said on the post match, he's clearly a talented player, perhaps his talents don't stand out at a higher level. After all Ish Miller was an outstanding EDS player. Ebanks Blake was a superstar before kicking a ball.
He's got two brilliant feet, holds his position well and isn't lazy, languid perhaps but not lazy.
He needs a loan because rightly or wrongly the lad is behind others now and last night won't of helped.
We're looking to buy players for huge sums no older than him.

We could argue all day long Whos fault it is. His, Pellegrini's, other coaches. My bet, it's all three.

He may only have one chance to shine, if it was last night, he didn't take it.
I think it must be something do with how he had a fantastic season in 2014/15 then was completely ignored by the club for the start of the next season and I recall that for some unknown reason he wasn't even playing for the EDS. He made it onto the senior bench but don't think he actually ever got on, I can see why he'd feel a bit miffed at that, although he does need to forget about all that and just give it 100% now

Thats funny my info comes straight from his dad regarding his loan so I'll take his word over yours.

If true, I doubt his Dad would blame his Son.

Imo, Barker simply isnt good enough for top level. Ideally well sell cheap to help him find a good move and we install a sell-on clause and a buy back. Burnley or Middlesborough would be ideal as they have good coaches.

I think he'll have a good career in football just not at City

I get the feeling he has confidence issues. Might be wide of the mark but if not I hope he can get over them. Lad has talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.