Bristol City (Carabao Cup SF) Post Match Thread

We've been less than brilliant in this competition and even so, we're in the final. Shark team.

And in the final against Chelsea, we lead 1-0 with a minute to go.....
Dzeko equalises.
It goes eventually to penalties.
Oh no, it's Willy, penalty stopping hero.....

Well done Bristol City on a great cup run, fighting to the end.
Well done City.
"We shall not be moved."

Last edited:
Right, just got to say that David Silva has to be the best player I've ever seen live. An absolute class apart tonight and I don't think he misplaced a pass once. Tore our defence to shreds positionally, forced the whole back line to pivot around him such was his speed and dribbling ability, even outside of the box.

De Bruyne as well, glides around the pitch and the ball just sticks to him. Has pace, strength, vision, just popped up everywhere. Comfortably the best midfielder on the planet.

Good luck in the final, and I do actually mean that. Of all of the "big sides" I find your lot the most bearable, your Arsenals and Chelseas tend to be really fucking arrogant and constantly expect success.

Last edited:
Congratulations on getting to the Final

Simply - The best side I’ve ever seen play against us in nigh on 50 years (A view agreed amongst many around me) and despite coming off second best it was still a privlige to see some of those players grace Ashton Gate ( And some of yours weren’t too bad lol )

Just proud that we gave it a go and proud of our players and coaching staff - we weren’t at our sharpest / best tonight but I put that largely down to being victims of the best and relentless pressing I’ve ever seen and then the problem of trying to regain possession without being cut open !!!

So many players that make the game look ridiculously easy

besides the obvious World Class In Aguero KDB And Silva I thought Fernandinho made a massive difference tonight and seeing him live confirmed to me that I see him as instrumental to you as some of the more obvious stars

(Also thought Walker showed what a class and potent full back he is , and made another significant difference from the first leg , and stood out in his class and athleticism)

Hope you keep winning trophies and keep,those arrogant red neighbours in their place

Thanks trust me many of us are still pinching ourselves that we are watching this quality every week too! It is the best football I have seen us play in 50 years and I saw the Bell, Lee and Sumerbee era.

Your players are a credit for not dropping their heads and keep on going, giving us a scare at the death when it looked like we were coasting. Your fans were great too and my heart went out to you that we killed your dream but obviously we want to win.

Good luck for promotion and maybe the dream scenario would be to get a day out at Wembley in the play off final and win it.

Good luck to Bristol City in your promotion push. Your team have shown in the two games (and in the cup run in general) that you are not a million miles away.

if arsenal are in the final Chelsea play the Rags on tv that day (2.05 pm) so the final would be after that, probably 4.30. If we're playing Chelsea then it's possible the final might start earlier. My take on it anyway.

Last edited:
Right, just got to say that David Silva has to be the best player I've ever seen live. An absolute class apart tonight and I don't think he misplaced a pass once. Tore our defence to shreds positionally, forced the whole back line to pivot around him such was his speed and dribbling ability, even outside of the box.

De Bruyne as well, glides around the pitch and the ball just sticks to him. Has pace, strength, vision, just popped up everywhere. Comfortably the best midfielder on the planet.

Good luck in the final, and I do actually mean that. Of all of the "big sides" I find your lot the most bearable, your Arsenals and Chelseas tend to be really fucking arrogant and constantly expect success.

And best of luck to you all -- you came to play football both matches and I thought you were very well-organized and obviously well-managed, with a ton of pluck and a fair amount of talent. Wasn't easy for City, and you well and truly punished our mistakes. Will be rooting for your promotion (though tbf I might say that to any Championship side not named Leeds or Boro!) If you move up a tier you are going to make real waves I'd bet.

It’s absolutely staggering. The criticism this team gets on this forum is a disgrace. I’m not sure what else they can do to be honest. In all competitions this season our record is: P36 W30 D4 L2. Goals scored 96 Goals against 29. I suppose when it’s laid out like that you can see that we’ve been pretty average at best............
Agree 100% pep went 6 or eight games without a win last year. We already have league won in Jan. We could virtually have the double in bag mathematically by 25th Feb. If the moaners look back at their posts in May and we have just completed a quadruple they are gonna look tits....

Majestic this season keep it up . Keep up your search for perfection in everything you attempt to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.