Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

On the "Do Burnley play attractive football?" argument . . .

They are 19th in the league in total passes . . . and 1st in the league in long balls.

It's gotten them where it's gotten them so I'm not one to argue with the results but they are the definition of "hoofball."
And where in the league table are they. They do not have the players to play attractive football so Dyche plays to the strengths he has - don't see what the issue is

Fair enough. Gundogan is a hider, he moves away from the ball, not to it, each and every time, when a teammate needed a midfield option today.

He's too passive in my opinion and has an important role helping Fernandinho recover possession.

I don't doubt his eye for a pass, but his role is to keep the ball moving for us, and he is far too passive or reluctant to be involved, which I have no doubt must be a result of all his I jury issues.

I think that is harsh on Ilkay, in my opinion he is a quality player who has barely played in the last 2/3 years and needs almost 20/30 games, playing regularly to get himself back up to speed. We all saw what he could do when at Dortmund, hopefully a fully fit Ilkay can do the same for us. He has pace, can spot a good pass, scores goals and works very hard...I don;'t think he is a hider at all.
Funny how different people see players differently.

I think that is harsh on Ilkay, in my opinion he is a quality player who has barely played in the last 2/3 years and needs almost 20/30 games, playing regularly to get himself back up to speed. We all saw what he could do when at Dortmund, hopefully a fully fit Ilkay can do the same for us. He has pace, can spot a good pass, scores goals and works very hard...I don;'t think he is a hider at all.
Funny how different people see players differently.

Both Pep and Joachim Low Rate him very highly and that speaks volumes.

Fair enough. Gundogan is a hider, he moves away from the ball, not to it, each and every time, when a teammate needed a midfield option today.

He's too passive in my opinion and has an important role helping Fernandinho recover possession.

I don't doubt his eye for a pass, but his role is to keep the ball moving for us, and he is far too passive or reluctant to be involved, which I have no doubt must be a result of all his I jury issues.

Not sure you watched the same game as me, he was superb today.

This is getting ridiculous. They play to their strengths as we do - what is the issue?
The issue is that it's fucking dreadful to watch, I'd imagine. If I was subject to that each week I doubt I'd be renewing, no matter where the team ended up in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.