Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

Went to the game, my lads first, enjoyed the second half immensely and liked how we subbed on stronger players to run at a tiring Burnley defence.....2 world class KDB passes and 2 world class Kun finishes we are spoilt fuckers....

Onward Blues

Fair enough. Gundogan is a hider, he moves away from the ball, not to it, each and every time, when a teammate needed a midfield option today.

He's too passive in my opinion and has an important role helping Fernandinho recover possession.

I don't doubt his eye for a pass, but his role is to keep the ball moving for us, and he is far too passive or reluctant to be involved, which I have no doubt must be a result of all his I jury issues.
Watch him some more. On four occasions today, he got into space and had Stones, Dave and Fernandihno 2ice seen his movement he'd have been free on goal on 2 of those and had Burnley under serious pressure on the other 2.

He is not Dave or Kev nor does he play like either. Once he is all dialled into the system, he will explode with more tangible outcomes like assists and goals.

And the dissatisfaction with him will subside

Gundogan is really starting to irritate me, he was bordering on appalling today until that wonderful piece of individual magic.

That's the issue. He isn't good enough to be our regular number ten, though, even with his keen eye for a a pass.

And he sure as damn it doesn't do enough in the rest of the midfield. He doesn't get involved enough and was lucky that both Dave and Fernandinho did his donkey work for him today.

Again, Sane falls into the same category. We don't stretch the pitch nearly as well when he's not play, but he's been stealing a place in this team for weeks, only in my opinion.

He is starting to give the attitude he already thinks he has made it, not willing to so the basics and tracking back?

Imagine how good this kid can be when he matures.

And here's me thinking Wumming was a CoC offence ?

On the "Do Burnley play attractive football?" argument . . .

They are 19th in the league in total passes . . . and 1st in the league in long balls.

It's gotten them where it's gotten them so I'm not one to argue with the results but they are the definition of "hoofball."

I did find it funny how the camera panned to Dyche after the 2nd and 3rd went in... probably thinking "fuck why did my assistant have to go and provoke Pep like that, we could have claimed we were robbed before they tore us a new one in open play."

Playing to your strengths doesn't necessarily make it "good football."

Anti-football was the term in question.

The PL is not an entertainments party, it's all about results and how to achieve them with the resources you have. There are many ways of winning a footy match and no matter what route you take to get them, you still only get three points.

We have won a fair few points recently not playing our normal free flowing game - but we were all very grateful for the points obtained.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.