Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

Very impressed with Burnley, best league side we have faced. The keeper looks top class and they work their bollocks off for each other, you can see why they are doing well against top sides.
Dont think Dyche will be there for long.

Their manager moaning about the pk is bit over the top.
His point was minimal contact and players shouldn't go down.
Wtf ? Keeper landed full weight on Silvas ankle which could've caused a real damage.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21819

Their forum is an enjoyable read today.

Hard done by apparently.

Yeah because when you have zero shots on target you deserve something out of the game. Right.

Funny how despite almost every pundit agreeing that it was a pen this becomes the whole focus of the game. Papers are writing more about this one incident than the rest of the match. If Burnley had lost by the one goal and matched us in every other area of the pitch then they might have a case. The penalty incident provides a smoke screen , an excuse to use as a turning point for why they lost the game.

Very impressed with Burnley, best league side we have faced. The keeper looks top class and they work their bollocks off for each other, you can see why they are doing well against top sides.
Dont think Dyche will be there for long.

I agree. They remind me of Leicester. Hope he stays where he is to be honest - he's a decent manager and, coin-throwing wankers aside, it would be good to see them do well and genuinely challenge for honours.

Yeah because when you have zero shots on target you deserve something out of the game. Right.

Funny how despite almost every pundit agreeing that it was a pen this becomes the whole focus of the game. Papers are writing more about this one incident than the rest of the match. If Burnley had lost by the one goal and matched us in every other area of the pitch then they might have a case. The penalty incident provides a smoke screen , an excuse to use as a turning point for why they lost the game.
It wasn't almost every pundit.
Both Danny Mills and whoever else was in the final score studio said it was a dive
At the end of the game Neville said it was a dive on 5Live.
I've read three separate newspaper reports that all say Aguero scored a controversial penalty, two of whom said Silva dived

It wasn't almost every pundit.
Both Danny Mills and whoever else was in the final score studio said it was a dive
At the end of the game Neville said it was a dive on 5Live.
I've read three separate newspaper reports that all say Aguero scored a controversial penalty, two of whom said Silva dived

I’m only going off Sky and BBC. No doubt that the usual suspects like Mills and Neville wouldn’t give us a fair hearing. To be fair you can still say it’s a pen but say that the player dived. For me he exaggerated the contact but it was still a penalty. Sterling in the past has been accused of not going down when he should have and we’ve got nothing.

I find the proposition that the Bernado Silva penalty was in fact a dive, utterly baffling - Pope clearly dives on Silva's foot. Replays show this.

Silva does seem to accentuate the foul - but what player wouldn't.

Frankly I'm surprised that there's controversy in the penalty award - yes, if we didn't have replay, maybe it's hard to judge - but in the replays, Silva's foot is pinned by Pope and then Silva goes down. For me - clear-cut 100% penalty (and I'm not an always-CIty no-matter-what advocate - I judge the penalty decisions as neutrally as I can - this one, is a clear cut penalty given the replays).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.